Xds-9

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by gungun92, Mar 22, 2014.

1. gungun92

gungun92 New Member

I just purchased a XDS-9 9MM and I got to say this thing is nice! I never considered a Springfield model gun ever I always thought they were ugly but when I seen the xds up close I was pretty surprised. It's compact and feels good in my hand and it looks really good. It was between the glock 23 or this and I chose this and I don't regret it. I do have a g27 on layaway though. I haven't shot it yet but I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Attached Files:

2. stag556

stag556 New Member

Nice gun congrats. I just bought a .45 xds in bi-tone, but haven't had a chance to go pick it up yet.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Cool. Congrats. I wouldn't mind shooting one. It intrigues me.

4. gungun92

gungun92 New Member

Yea the bi-tone was nice but I liked this one more. I can't wait to shoot it! Thanks guy's

5. tallyho

tallyho New Member

Congrats, XDs is a really sweet gun. I picked up my new XDs 4" 9mm about two weeks ago. Shoots great right out of the box. I purchased this gun for my daily conceal carry gun. But, I have to say its fun to shoot at the range. This new XDs is an awesome gun!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

A 4" XDs9 had just come into my LGS when I went by there a couple hours ago. They set it aside for when I return in a few days to pick it up. Looking forward to getting it out to the range!

I also have an XDm45 and XDs45, and plan to buy a 5.25" 9mm or 40sw...so I guess you could call me a huge fan of the platform.

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Decent guns. Congrats.

If you are getting a G27, the only advantages you might have gotten out of the G23 is that the 27 would be able to use the G23 mags as well and the controls and triggers would be pretty close to identical.

8. tallyho

tallyho New Member

My first handgun was a Xdm 9mm. I love it, I was sold on springfield followed up with XDs 4" 9mm for conceal carry. My next gun to purchase will be a springfield loaded 1911 45ACP.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. gungun92

gungun92 New Member

Yea I have got it out on the range and I do like it . It's pretty fun to shoot. My next gun will be a glock 27 but I like how the 23 fit in my hand. But springfield has definitely got my attention now!

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

The G23 and G27 are good guns. I have both and am happy enough to keep 'em around.

Personally, I consider the G23 a lot more useful than the G27. I mostly carry single-stacks (XDs45...probably the XDs9 4.0 after its run through its paces). In the layers of winter, I'm more likely to carry an XDm45 or BHP than my Glocks. Not knocking the Glocks...just personal tastes. I like the fuller G23 grip, and I have a 357sig barrel that seems to dwell inside it constantly. It makes for a great truck and outdoors gun. Sorta the gun I keep around in case I neglected to bring anything else.

For me G23 > G27. My G23 is rarely shot but always near-by. My G27 just hangs around the house. Maybe I'll sell it. If you intend to primarily carry the XDs, I suspect the G23 may fill a role for you better than the G27. Just my own speculation.

11. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

>>My G23 is rarely shot but always near-by<<

Yup!

12. DP03

DP03 New Member

I just shot my xdm45c for the first time and I'm very impressed. Wasn't sure I was going to be keen on a striker, but I gotta say SA got it right here. The gun was very accurate, right out of the box. And takedown doesn't get easier on any gun.....

I look at the gun and still can't believe a compact model can hold 14 rnds of 45acp.