Xds .45

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by burnsdrewe1, Sep 15, 2014.

1. burnsdrewe1

burnsdrewe1 New Member

Just purchased a XDS .45 (used)and it works and looks great , one problem is the magazines seem to sag out a little bit and when I try to press the mag release button it is tuff to press unless I push the magazine in more... Solutions??

2. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Well-Known Member

Cant help you...never owned one..just wanted to stop by and say WELCOME TO FTF...:). I'm sure someone with experience with the XDS will be along soon to help out......

3. stag556

stag556 Member

Welcome to FTF since you said its used have you tried removing the mag release button and cleaned it thoroughly? Then give it some light coat of CLP. It may have some carbon build up, or other debris in there.

4. stag556

stag556 Member

Also is this happening with a full mag or empty or both? If its just a full mag that not all that surprising, tap the bottom of the magazine when pushing the button, as this will relieve the pressure of the full mag on the catch. As the mag spring weakens it will be easier to push, as there is less force on the catch.

5. burnsdrewe1

burnsdrewe1 New Member

Full and empty more so full mag tho

6. arizona98tj

arizona98tj New Member

Do you notice this when the slide is locked back?

7. burnsdrewe1

burnsdrewe1 New Member

Havnt tried it with slide locked back

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Instead of trying to play gunsmith why not call Springfield to get your gun serviced? Playing gunsmith can void your warranty. Springfield customer service will either tell you to break in the magazine or send the gun back on their dime. Each day you play gunsmith lessens the chance Springfield will pay for return shipping. Protect your investment! Send the XDs back for repair.

You purchased a new gun that was supposed to operate like a gun in new condition. You are hurting all consumers by not forcing companies to fix the junk they sell. Companies sell junk because people accept it as new merchandise. They know that most people who receive a defective product will either live with it, fix it themselves or even worse pawn it off at pennies on the dollar to buy something else.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  9. stag556

stag556 Member

The OP clearly stated that he purchased a USED gun.
    He also states that it works great, except for one issue. The mag release is stiff, a common problem, that goes away with break-in. I have two XD's and can tell you that they are definitely not "junk"

10. arizona98tj

arizona98tj New Member

I must have missed the post that told the OP to do anything to his XDs other than to ensure it was clean. Somehow that hardly qualifies as playing gunsmith, especially on a used handgun. :rolleyes:

11. ca1survivor

ca1survivor Member

Solution = push the magazine release button in more.