XDs .45 problems???

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by LaiePoi, Jan 19, 2013.

1. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Hey guys I was looking to buy an XDs at my LGS for summer carry but then I searched YouTube for "xds problems" and came across a lot of videos showing problems with light primer strikes, mag release problems, etc. hoping this was just a first run type of problem and have since been corrected but I'm sure you guys know more about this than I do. Could you guys shed some light on this so I can make a good decision? Any experiences and reviews of the XDs are more than welcome. Thank you very much guys!

Just to clarify I'm talking about the XDs 3.3 45cal

2. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

I have yet to have a problem with my xds it doesn't however like Tula ammo.

3. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

How about HP ammo?

4. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

Just picked up a XDM 45 5.25 and shot 100 rounds thru it Friday night at the range (reloads). No issues at all.

5. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Never tried hp ammo. It feeds Winchester white box perfectly (range ammo) lawman also no issues ,and Winchester PDX1 230 gr. (carry ammo) without an issue. I have put several hundred rounds of the white box and law man down range, and about 250 rounds of what is my carry ammo (pdx1) without an issue.

Whatever you choose as your carry ammo even though a bit pricey to do so put at least 200 rounds through it to be sure the gun "likes" it. I know pricey but how much is your, or your families life worth. I do this with all my pistols.

6. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Oh and keep in mind that the xds is coming out in 9mm this spring. Just a thought.

7. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Thanks for the info! I actually use PDX1 as my carry ammo also in my glock 30sf so it's good to know it feeds well in the XD-S. I saw that the XD-S is coming out in 9mm but I'm more of a ,45 guy. Just looking for something slimmer to carry during summer. The G30 gets a bit bulky during that time if the year in lighter clothing so the XD-S fits the bill

8. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

No problem at all. If you do end up getting it also look into the pinky extension that Pearce makes for the mag. Well worth the $10 or $15 it cost

9. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Yes I will definitely get the ext if I buy it. Gonna check it out again tomorrow

10. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Be sure to let us know if you get it.

11. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

I think a lot of the problems were "limp wrist" shooting.
    I have had no problems with my XDS.

Read this.

http://www.survivalblog.com/2012/08/springfield-armory-xds-pistol-update-by-pat-cascio.html

12. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

I can tell you from experience that the XDm strikers will light strike if they get oil in the firing pin. Had this happen on my 45. Clean and lubricate (extremely light coating almost dry) reassemble and problem solved. Known issue easily remedied. They also make stronger spring kits for the XDm not sure about the XDS.

13. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Good to know. Thank you! I never put any lube in the firing pin area so that shouldn't be a problem. I just lightly put lube on the rails and the barrel is already lubed from cleaning...I use ballistol and like it.

14. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

15. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

They just sold it 20 mins before I got there! :( bummer I always wanted the bitone but ill just wait for another to come around

16. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

I chose the bitone myself.
    Hopefully you can run up on one soon, in the meantime. ;)

[​IMG]

17. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Lickin. My. Chops.:D

18. Prime83

Prime83 New Member

Picked one up last month got the pinky extensions and got 2 7rd mags

Attached Files:

19. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

How much did you get the xds for?

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

You could also look at the Glock G36 single stack. It is thinner than the G30.