Xds.45 or Glock 39

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Treyendo, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Treyendo

Treyendo New Member

Guys I currently have a glock 17 but just got my ccp and not sure which gun to get!!! All I know is I want a trustworthy .45 small gun to conceal.

Thanks!

2. drew661

drew661 New Member

Honestly both are solid guns. Handle both and see what feels best to you.
    Xd might be a bit hard to find right now.
    Welcome to the forum BTW

3. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

I personally have nothing but praise for the xds other than the recall. I have about 1000 rounds through my xds and during that time only had one malfunction which was caused by a factory round that wasn't seated in the case all the way (Tula) but other than that been perfect.

Can't speak for the glock... But my 19 has been perfect as well. I'd say find a place you can shoot both and see which feels best in your hand.

4. Treyendo

Treyendo New Member

Will do! Thank you everyone on here is awesome.

5. Treyendo

Treyendo New Member

Yea I love my glock but get nothing but better things about the xds for concealment even with the recall.

6. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

7. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I'm a huge fan of the GAP guns. I would highly recommend the G39. If you haven't shot one, you'll fall in love instantly. The .45 GAP is an amazing round. Same size bullet as .45 ACP with higher velocity and less recoil and still fits in a regular frame. What's not to love about that.

I built a G38 for a customer last year and I almost bought it off him right there on the spot.