XDS 45 Carry

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Threetango, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Don't like carrying my XDS45 like she does.:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. VAGlocker

VAGlocker New Member

3. Minorcan

Minorcan Active Member

4. Holmes375

Holmes375 Member

What a lucky pistol - I'm envious ;)

5. Malcap

Malcap Member

Hey, were talking about guns here. Any photos of the XDS Mod. 2? Hold four more rounds. It shouldn't take up too much more room.

6. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

As far as I know there is no XDS Mod2 only XD Mod2.

Here's the difference between an XDS and XD Mod2.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5lbSH7Es3k[/ame]

7. Malcap

Malcap Member

Yep that's the one. When I plunk-down my $550-600.00 for it, I'll get the model correctly attributed. I'm not impressed with the "Grip Zone" writing on this side. Another option was one of the Glock 45s like the 30S, but I think the Springfield is constructed better. This would replace my CS45 which "broke."

8. paul

paul Member

XD Mod 2 .45acp

Saw 'em today on gunbroker for $469.00 plus $15.00 s/h from sportsman supply No sales tax unless you live in PA. Considering one myself, definitely want the hi cap, only 1/5" difference in width between single stack and double stack. 2 mags one 10rd and one is 13 rd. 27ozs. empty with 10 rd mag

9. Malcap

Malcap Member

Thanks Paul. Price looks good. I may be able to get a discount from my FFL. In NYS I can't have the hi-cap mags though, except for my old 15 + 1 Smith 5946 9mm service pistol which I maintain. I think the Mod. 2 is a good choice. I thought I heard something about a problem with an ambi mag release though. Have to check on it.

10. paul

paul Member

I have a bid on a Mod 2 right now. It just went over $400. I was watching bidding on several Sportsman supply and the last one sold for $430.00 plus $15.00 shipping. I'm sure they would send you 10rd mags instead of the 13, but I can't say that for sure. In the past I have always enjoyed doing business with that company out of Butler, PA. I'm set on bidding until I can get one delivered for $415.00 or less then I still pay a $25 FFL transfer.
    Thank you for the reply

11. Malcap

Malcap Member

Good luck with the bid. Sounds like a good plan. I'm in NYC so I need a purchase order for an additional firearm on my CCW permit and then I can shop for a handgun. I'll keep that company in mind and see what my FFL Dealer/Range allows. As a club member I get free transfers. They usually charge 100.00. This IS NYC. I can probably accept a hi-cap mag and put it aside at the range for future sale of the pistol or do two 10 rounds which is fine.

12. reloader64

reloader64 New Member

I was watching mod 2's and XDs', for a while.
    I went to Gander and played with both.
    I liked how the XDs fit my hand.
    Got one on GB for $430.00 all shipping and transfer fees.
    It is my EDC.

13. Malcap

Malcap Member

Good EDC. I'll just have to decide down-the-road on either the XDS single stack in line mag or the Mod 2. I want a gun I'm going to carry.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Something to keep in mind with the ultra light 45 acp pistols. You are 21.5 oz empty and about 27.5 oz loaded with the 5 round mag +1. Every time you fire the pistol gets 1 oz lighter and tends to climb up and right if you are right handed. Not a lot but it will climb. Do not try to anticipate the climb with your grip as you will drop the muzzle. Just be aware. I sold my 21 oz G36 when I injured my wrist and the climb became more apparent. It healed up better than I expected so I should have hung onto it.

15. reloader64

reloader64 New Member

I'm 6ft, 300 lbs.
    My gun goes no where unless I point it there.
    185gr xtp reloads are easy to shoot.

16. weapon

weapon Member

The "Grip Zone" writing annoys me as well. That space could have been put to much better use and having "Grip Zone" on the grip just strikes me as incredibly cheesy/gaudy/goofy.

17. Malcap

Malcap Member

Yes. Well, I'll just focus on possibly getting either XDS or Mod 2 versions later this year. Don't need it. The 9 Shield works well for me but I like an optional .45 carry.

18. Holmes375

Holmes375 Member

It sounds like the Shield 45 is going to start showing up in shops now. Might be worth a look once they do.