Xds 4.0

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by BullseyePrecision, Feb 2, 2014.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Has anyone seen the xds 4.0 out anywhere yet?

2. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

I don't think it is bout yet I was looking the other day

3. stag556

stag556 New Member

Haven't heard of a date yet. There dosen't seem to be a lot excitement around this gun. I have checked a couple of other sites, and there's no talk about it on xd talk or xd forum. Not sure if its because its in 9 and not 45, or because the recall on the 3.3 has dampened peoples opinion's of Springfield. Maybe 3tango has some incite if he stops here, I see he's a mod on XD forum.

4. BullseyePrecision

I have a thing for springfields just want to get my hands on one

Sent from my SM-N900V using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. stag556

stag556 New Member

Ha ha to funny we are chasing each other around on the Springfield forums. I posted on XD TALK about the xds 4.0 and I see your post is right above mine. My name over there is hitormiss, signed up a long time ago and forgot about the forum. Guess were the only ones that are really excited for this gun to come out. If I find anything on the two other Springfield forums Im on Ill post it here for ya.

6. BullseyePrecision

Yeah that's funny. I'll do the same.

7. tallyho

tallyho New Member

I'm excited about purchasing a next XDs 4" 9mm I was told that they will be available mid February sometime The owner my gun club preordered several of them waiting for shipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

8. stag556

stag556 New Member

Nice thanks for the update

9. tallyho

tallyho New Member

I'm very anxious get my hands on the XDS 4" 9 mm. I was at the gun show this past weekend and spoke to several of the dealers there and several people told me that they had preorders placed and are currently waiting on receipt. I talk to Springfield and I was told mid February The new XDS would be available in stores.

10. BullseyePrecision

I found an all black one but I want the bi tone.

11. tallyho

tallyho New Member

I picked up my new XDs 4" 9mm today. Shoots great right out of the box. I purchased this gun
    For my daily conceal carry gun. But, I have to say its fun to shoot at the range. This new XDs is an awesome gun!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  12. BullseyePrecision

Awesome. I got my 3.3 back from recall and it wasn't the gun I sent in. A lot of problems. So I just don't trust it anymore I was going to trade it in for the 4.0 bitone.

13. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I have the original XDs45. I plan to add a 4" XDs9.

I really like the XDs platform. It's the perfect carry gun for my tastes and demands. If the 4" seems to fit just right, I may sell my 3.3" 45acp...and it may be replaced with a 4" 45acp.

Perhaps I haven't figured out what's perfect just yet. But a single-stack 4" subcompact sounds pretty ideal to me. I also like the S&W Shield a lot (had one, but the XDs bumped it off). But the thumb safety is a pain to de-activate, and I prefer the grip safety on the XDs. Being a bit of a 1911 homer, grip safeties are no deterrant.

14. Mule659

Mule659 New Member

I love my XDS 3.3 in .45. I really want to get my hands on a 4" 9mm bi-tone.

15. BullseyePrecision

Got the new 4.0 9mm about a month ago. Just shot it yesterday. Dang it is a sweet shooting gun. Alot smoother then my 3.3 .45 was. And alot better trigger.

16. BullseyePrecision

There is a pic of it. Oh yeah I got the glock 30s the same day. Another sweet shooter.

Attached Files:

17. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

If I didn't already have a bunch of Double Stack 9MM's I'd get the 5.25" XDM, or the SIG 226 Tac-Ops model. The Springer is running a bit less then the SIG around here these days...