XDm45

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Gojubrian, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

May issue of American Rifleman. Ad says pick one up soon, no indication of when. Supposed to house 15rds of .45acp. Sweet.

Attached Files:

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The regular XD .45 is a big gun - this one may be huge. I much prefer the .45 Compact but it will be interesting to see how this one takes off...

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm interested. I want to handle one before I make any kind of commitment though. The 15rd capacity is a nice addition. Not many 45s can make that claim.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Is that 14 + 1 or 15 in the mag? That will be one heavy rig.

5. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I'll fondle one, but I'm pretty happy with my XD45 Service and XDm9 and 40.

6. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

I read that yesterday too and will definitely handle one, but I can't think of any reason why not to get one. :)

7. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

pretty sure the first one i see in all black will be leaving with me

8. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

It will still be lighter then the Para P-14 when load or a standard steel frame 1911, I think.

9. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I hope they make it available with a manual thumb safety--I just don't feel right without one...

10. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

It would be nice if it came out with both sytles. With a thumb safety or with out.

To be honest I do not really care about the thumb safety. I just WANT a XDm45! ! ! :D

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

No manual safety! That'll ruin it!

One of the things I like about the xd's is the safeties that you only have to grip to use.

12. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Yeah I don't dig on the thumb up. Some folks have just gotten used to one, me not being one of them. :)

13. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I can handle a revolver without a safety, or even a hammer-fired pistol, but a striker-fired without any safety scares me a little, not because I think I'll have a accidental fire, but I've seen too many people grab their pistols with their fingers in the trigger guard--and a light, short striker trigger could spell trouble. Also, any kid or other novice could pick one up and it will go off without much effort--at least with a thumb safety I feel like I have a little more control over the situation. Look around the range on any day and you'll see things that will scare you--a manual safety won't prevent that but is one extra measure of control for me. Just my personal preference. Plus I was raised on a 1911 and always feel better with a safety under my thumb...

14. orangello

orangello New Member

Interesting, but i'm still very happy with my XD45 "tactical". Now, maybe if it were available in OD green. :rolleyes:

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I loves the od green!! :)

16. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

Its finally on their website, very exciting

17. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

Just found a small article on the XDM45. It seems it will have 13+1 capacity, and aparently you can use the old XD45 mags.

http://www.shootingwire.com/

The article starts about halfway down the page

18. orangello

orangello New Member

Interesting article, thanks!

I am surprised that they didn't increase the capacity of the mag.

19. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

That was my first thought as well

20. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I guess the "M" doesn't stand for more with this one,lol.