XDM video

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by field, Jul 5, 2009.

1. field

field New Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOfQ8oK0Ug]YouTube - SpringField XDM 9mm[/ame]

2. field

field New Member

3. ccd8541

ccd8541 New Member

The video or the shooting?
    :D

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thanks for the video field!

:)

5. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Not bad at all. Thats one dead bad guy.

6. field

field New Member

thanks i appreciate it. cant wait for next weekend to get more practice.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm curious how close you can get your groups with the xdm. They're supposed to be able to hold inside 2" @ 25yrds from the reviews, but I doubt I could do that.

I have an xd40 subcompact 3" and my 25yard groups are 6-8 inches. :)

Inside 7yards it's awesome and I can make a ragged hole at point blank. :D

8. field

field New Member

yeah 25 yards is gettin a bit farther off, that is some really tight grouping for that distance, but thats good because then if im missing and shooting bad i know FOR A FACT that its me

one thing i've wondered though when people are talking about shot group stats is how fast they are shooting the gun when they do it

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

For me, it's 3-5 seconds between shots. Shorter than that and the groups get bigger.
    There is also the issue of off hand and rests......;)

10. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Nice Vid

Congrats on you new XDm, that's a hell of a gun, once I shooted a HS2000 (XD std.) and fall in love with it. but we can't get XDm's in Venezuela :mad:
    About the video.... nice, I like the soundtrack :p

11. markhk

markhk New Member

Video

Nice clean video, but I have comment that is perhaps "non of my business." Please remember that my comment is not about you, but just a tiny part of your behavior and comes from 20 years of being a training coordinator in a furniture factory.

I noticed that you picked up the firearm by placing your finger inside the trigger guard and pulled it out of the case. Your finger stayed in side the trigger guard during most of the video, even when changing magazines. You may be the safest guy on two feet, but that's not what I am commenting about. As a videographer please think about an unintended audience. I know your intent was to show the attributes of the XDM, but someone new to firearms may copy your every action and the premature placing of the finger on the trigger could cause serious problems.

Please, please do not take this advise wrong. It's just a picky little thing, but details like that will always come up and you will learn from your mistakes. I sure have learned from mine. I thought your actual video was well done and showed a bit of craftsmanship that bodes well.