xdm sights?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by jimogden1984, Jun 24, 2013.

1. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Last night I picked up an xdm9 with 4.5"barrel. I got it used and the sights aren't as clear and bright as they could be and I'm thinking about putting a good set of night sights on it. Can you guys recommend some decent sights that won't leave me broke?

2. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

3. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Thank you, e would you happen to know what gunsmiths usually charge to install?

4. DavidN

DavidN New Member

Hope you enjoy your XDM as I love my XDM 5.25. Just something for you in the future. Ryan Burick will mirror finish your barrel "awesome" for $50 along with install of any sights you pic up and send him. He offers a lifetime touch up on his work. Here's a pic of mine after he did the barrel and guide rod. I know you didn't ask for the barrel work but he also installs sights too.

Attached Files:

5. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I don't have the slide ported but that looks AWESOME!!!!

6. DavidN

DavidN New Member

Ty very much, Ryan burick has several barrel, slide work on YouTube. Check him out you won't regret it. I also picked up the black rubber Xtreme grips from powder river precision for $20. The grips are laser cut to fit all the grooves in the XDM factory grips so it don't add bulk.

7. DavidN

DavidN New Member

Here's a few close up pics of the grips

Attached Files:

8. DavidN

DavidN New Member

The back piece comes solid so I cut them to match the front of the grip.