XDM or XD in .40 s&w

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by deerkillr777, Feb 5, 2013.

1. deerkillr777

deerkillr777 New Member

Im trying to decide on a XD or a XDM. what the pros and cons. im headed to cabelas tomarrow and was gonna see about picking one up down there. I curently shoot a taurus.357 605 2inch. and a ruger gp100 6inch in .357 as well. im looking at going the .40s&w route. I want this as my CCW. what size would be best im 5'8 150lbs. i wanna carry on my belt.

Thanks for all help

2. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

I can tell you the xd 40 sub is a great carry... I love mine

3. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

I have a XDM 45 5.25. I like it a lot. But my primary cc is a M&P 40c. I like it best for its size and accuracy. Never had a misfire in 3 years either. My xdm is great, love the grip and style, just not a cc more if an oc.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If you want a carry 40sw, I would tend to point you in the direction of the XDm40 3.8" compact.

I've owned XD, XDS, and XDMs. All are excellent. The XDm is just more excellence than the XD, and...why not? I say "3.8 compact" because it's just a more carry-friendly package according to my needs.

But get what fits your needs and budget. I carry an XDs45.

5. deerkillr777

deerkillr777 New Member

Should I stay with a .40 or go with A 9mm.

6. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Ya know as far as caliber... 9 or 40 ... for me the only thing is ammo cost... they are both well suites for the job... personally I'm buying the xds 45 today to carry...

7. hitekrdnk

hitekrdnk New Member

I have the XD40 Service model with 4" barrel and really like it. I've never had a problem with it at all and it will use whatever brand ammo I put in it. As for cc it's a little big for that, but I have done it. I currently cc a Ruger SR9c, which is another fine weapon, but I still like my XD40 the most. Ben looking at getting the the XD40 sub-compact version soon for cc. I also agree with the above post, either round is good 9 or 40.

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Do you live in an unfriendly state? They only make 10 rnd mags for the XD. They do not make them for the xdm.

Both are great guns. If looking for a compact I'd go with a 9mm for the slight difference in recoil and ammo price.

But man do I love my xd 40 :)

9. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Answer...XDM Compact.

[​IMG]

10. deerkillr777

deerkillr777 New Member

I have found one xdm 40 in the last week its at gander mountain its the 4.5 inch all black for 699.99 and everyone else says we can get it for you for around 600 plus tax. By its gotta be ordered and no one will give a set ship date. What should I do. Will gander match prices on firearms

11. luckyj

luckyj New Member

I'm not sure what the price of that gun is in my area right now, but when I bought mine new (XDM 40) about 2 years ago, I paid $500 + tax at an LGS. That sounds really high to me but Gander Mtn in my city typically runs about $100 over suggested retail. I would call Gander Mtn and ask if they price match.

12. deerkillr777

deerkillr777 New Member

Yeah gander wants 699 and I can get it retail every were else for 600.

13. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

in these current times ording a firearm is going to probly mean a pretty long wait. especially if its a semi. i say if you are sure its the pistol you want, and they have it why not get it. in the end youwill probly hate yourself more for missing the oportunity, than hating that you paid a little bit more money.

14. deerkillr777

deerkillr777 New Member

I'm decided to wait till someone gets it in on stock I ain't paying that much more for anything

15. Dextersmom

Dextersmom New Member

I paid $525 for my XDM 9mm Comapct back in Nov. crazy prices now!! Up to you but if ya can wait a Month, it could possibly settle down!

16. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I paid 550 for my XDM .40 3.8 in January. Seemed like a steal to me.

image-3103026261.jpg

17. Toetagger

Toetagger New Member

XDm 40 4.5 for $500 otd lightly used by the lgs owner. Felt like that wasn't too shabby.