XdM 9 or CZ SP-01 Phantom?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Gojubrian, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Both about the same price, both 9mm, both hold 19+1?

What's you preference and why?

I'm leaning toward the xdm for the goodies.

2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I really like the XD platform, but I have to say the SP-01 wins overall. CZ is known for their products, and the construction of the SP-01 is a notch above the XD in my opinion. The goodies that the XD has is a nice gimmick, but I'd like to base things on the pistol itself, not the extra goodies.

Either way, you'll see getting a good pistol.

Which one feels better to you???

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Both come with extra backstraps for a good feel. Overall, I like the xdm. Mostly because I already have an xdsc40 and I love it. One accurate and reliable little pistol. My glock friends envy me. :D

4. dragon281tx

dragon281tx New Member

Go for the XDm. You won't regret it. I have one myself.

5. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

CZ, enough said.

6. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Except that you left out XDM:)

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Well, we are a divided crowd here huh? :)

8. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

Well, it looks like you have already made your mind up so why even bother asking? :p ;)

BTW, I would have suggested the CZ simply because their pistols are worth every penny in accuracy, reliability, and ergonomics (I'm talking from experience here with their 75 series pistols).

9. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I have a nice assortment of pistols which includes a CZ75B .40 Cal. It's a magnificent autoloader.

10. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

If forced to choose between just those 2, I would lean toward the XDm. The important thing is does it fit YOU better? Which 1 feels best and points most naturally in YOUR hand? Regardless of all the other factors, the 1 that fits you best will be the 1 you shoot best.

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

+1, I'm an XD fan but if you can't shoot and XD well or it's not comfortable to you then it's not the right weapon for you.

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I guess I was just hoping to bother some people. Why did you bother responding? :p

Ddo you have any experience with the XDm ot the sp 01 phantom? These are the pistols I'm interested in. :cool:

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thank you stalkingbear. Good advice!

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I have an xd subcompact in .40cal. I can shoot it very well....errr..good for me anyway. The Xdm is supposed to have a better trigger system and match barrel.

I've heard nothing but good things about cz's. Still, no one has experience with the phantom. I think it's cz's first polymer pistol??

15. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

Nope it is not.

I believe teh CZ-100 is the first CZ poly pistol.

There is also the CZ-Duty they are making.