Xdm 45

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by trainer343, Jul 29, 2010.

1. trainer343

trainer343 New Member

Hello
    Well just hit 1000 rds today on my XDm45, it has been flawless for these first 1000 rds so it will be added to my carry list. It sure is accurate. Even when I practice my draw and point shoot drills this thing is great.

Well anyway is anyone else going to start to carry one of these?
    If so let me know what you think,
    And what I really want to know is what every one is going use for a holster?

I have a Blackhawk Serpa levelII, great holster not really the best for concealment alltho it does work. Makes for a really nice grip when drawing.:D

2. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

I'm ready to add to my carry list too with my XD45 tactical. I'll probably use the holster that came with it and go from there. Holsters ain't cheap and since I don't have to carry on the job anymore it's hard to justify(to my wife) the $ for a good leather one. My build and for comfort seems to like a soft leather shoulder rig.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I just picked up an XDm45 today. I could see myself carrying it the colder half of the year, but to be honest I don't have any experience carrying (waiting on ppwk)...so what do I know? I intend to give it a try.

I've got an inquiry in to Crossbreed to see if their "SuperTuck" XMDs will fit the new 45 version. If they do, I'm ordering one. They come very highly recommended from a number of the more informed posters on this board.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Congratulations!! The supertuck is the way to go for bigger handguns like xd's. :D

5. fighto

fighto New Member

I've been carring my XD 45 for over a year and a half! and would not trade it except may be for the XDM. Holster wise - Supertuck is great - Though I have made one of my own with some modifications ( mainly due to the size of my frame - not the XD). I also use a ACE IWB ( fits in the pocket of my carpenters jeans) -- I am now making some new verions out of leather - along with my version of a vertical shoulder holster - will let ya know how it turns out. -- there is simply no better gun to carry!
    I own a 32 smith, 357, 9mm P38, 38colt, and my trusty XD45. ( use a add on mag extender ) gives me 16 rounds +1 in the chamber.

6. beege

beege New Member

I plan on carrying the XDm45. Checking out the holster options before I do though.

7. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I have about 800rds down the tube and if has worked out very well.
    Here is a review of my XDm 45:

I have been carrying it in a Tagua Open Top Quick Draw Leather Belt
    Holster made for a H&K 45 Auto. It actually fits perfectly. I picked it
    because H&K have larger trigger guards. Plus, its only $35 shipping
    included.

Quick Draw Leather Belt Holster - Tagua Gun Leather | Gun Holsters, Leather Holsters, Pistol Holsters, Western Holsters, Shoulder Holsters, Glock Holsters.

View attachment 18852

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  8. Byrdguy

Byrdguy New Member

Good write ups, guys. I'm a diehard 1911 guy, but have been seriously thinking of getting an XD and now I just found out about the XDm. What's the difference??

9. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

As far as pistols go, I am also a 1911 guy. For me I feel the XDm has improved ergonomics, better grip angle, better trigger. It feels like a wide 1911 with an arched mainspring housing and the trigger (while not as good as a 1911) it is much closer to one than the XD or Glock pistols. It is also damn near as accurate as a stock $1000 1911 from the box, not as good as my Combat Elite (but not much is).

10. taw1531

taw1531 New Member

I bought my XDM 45 about a month ago and I love it! It is very accurate, easy to shoot and just feels great in my hand. I purchased the Crossbreed Supertuck holster (in horsehide) for it and the comfort is great and concealability is good too. What's nice is they give a 10% discount for NRA members.
    I also own a Sig P229 and an HK P2000sk both in 40 cal and I love them both but I find that the XDM 45 is easier to shoot.

11. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

I just picked up a new XDm .45. I will shoot it for the first time tomorrow. It is going to be my uniform and tactical team pistol.

Donnie

12. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Great choice Donnie. I picked one up when they first came out. I have at least 1,000 jam free rounds out of mine now and it still looks new.

13. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

Yeah, I was chomping at the bit when the XDm's came out in 9mm/.40. Couldn't wait for the .45. I've always like the XD's, and recommended them to a lot of new police officers when they were hired. To make things even better, Springfield Armory is 15 miles from my house. I've bought several pistols from them. After buying this one, and employee showed up at my house last week. She said "Thought you should have this to go with your new gun". It was a very cool new T-Shirt with the XDm printed on the back with a smoking barrel. It's very cool. She also brought me and XDm hat. Yep, I'm a big fan of Springfield! :)

14. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

That's great. I own 3 Springer's now; all 45s. The XDM, an Operator, and a micro compact. The next springer on my list is an EMP. I want one of these in the worst way!

15. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

Oh, yeah. That EMP is sweet! Down the road, I might just have to get one... :)

16. FLASHBANG

FLASHBANG New Member

I have a xdm 45 acp and cc with IWB at 3:00 with the most comfortable holster I have ever had, I likely have 50 holsters but the ones I like best are Kholster IWB. Kholster you won"t be dissappointed