XDm 45

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by jwhirl413, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

I stopped by the range today to check out the new XDm and I couldn't resist. It felt wonderful in my hand, and I could barely tell the difference between my XDm9 and the 45. I took it apart at the counter to check out the slide and see how much lube it had. After looking it over for a couple minutes I was satisfied that it was okay to shoot. So I picked up a box of pmc target ammo and went straight to the line. I normally only load 5 shots into a mag at the range to keep from wasting ammo and not taking my time, but today I filled them to the top. It had great balance in my hand fully loaded and not much heavier than the 9 fully loaded. Then I just shot... and man does this gun shoot well. It had a crisp trigger with a pretty decent reset, and it ran very smooth, and with less percieved recoil than my sig p220. I shot the first 2 mags at 7 yards, and the last 2(last mag only had 11) at 10 yards. I came away very pleased with the performance of the gun, no failures what-so-ever.
    When I got home I had a great idea, the cases were the same and the insides as well. Sooooo, I decided to swap out the guts and bammmm, now 1 case holds both pistols, kinda sweet.

Attached Files:

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Sweet XDm's!!! Nice shootin! :)

3. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Sweet,, I think that is on the list for sure

4. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Good to hear, I am such a fan of the XDm. They got it right. You said the trigger reset was OK on the .45, that is one of the things I noted as being great on the XDm. Is it different on the .45, or are you not impressed with the 9mm version either?
    Thanks for passing the range report along, great that you have them both now!

5. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

One of my co-workers at the gun shop got his XDm 45 on Saturday. As employees of a Springfield dealer we go to the head of the list which is a very nice perk. I asked the big guy how he like the new gun and all he could do was smile. He said the guns shoots a lot better than he does.

I get to shoot it tomorrow night.

6. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

I usually am not a fan of polymer pistols but that is a mean looking set of pistols you got there!

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Great shooting and nice pair of XDs. Now you're tempting me to get 1 for myself.

8. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Some platforms just fit some people better than others. Sounds like the xdm's are custom made for you. :cool:

10. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

My only reason staying away from .45's has been the capacity. Well, the mony thing, too.

I wasn't really looking to get my 9mm Glock a twin in .45, either.

So when I read of the XDm .45 in American Rifleman I got really excited. Next on my list is a Ruger Mini-14, but the XDm .45 is hot on its heels.

Hopefully I can save up before society melts.

12. xd man

xd man New Member

xdm45

i think this will be my next 45, just seems to have it all for my needs.:)

13. beege

beege New Member

I bought one Friday, didn't get to shoot it till Sunday though. The wait almost killed me. It shoots so sweet. If I can find an OWB holster to fit in the small of my back for it, it just might become my CC. Gotta love this gun! :D

14. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

That's funny. Since June I changed my mind on both items. I built an AR-15 (no Mini-14) and just bought my new baby, a steel Springfield Loaded 1911 (no polymer XDm .45).

I'd still love an XDm .45 as a cousin to my new 1911, though.

15. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Springfield has a great thing going. Purists, Fanboys, and Die-Hards can say what they like, but you can't shoot a Springer without grinning.

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Where are the pictures of you dual wielding?!?!?! Isn't that manditory in a thread like this?

Great looking pair of pistols you've got. I would love to get an XDm but it's got a few others in front of it and my wife has cut off my gun buying for a while. I guess it gives me time to save up.