xdm 40 powder choice?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by snowmonkey81, Oct 23, 2012.

1. snowmonkey81

snowmonkey81 New Member

I just started reloading and I'm loading for a xdm 40 compact. I've tried accurate number 7, but it just gummed up everything with powder after <100 rounds. Any suggestions?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

try Alliant Power Pistol powder. works really good with my 45 ACP and 44 spl./44 mag. loads. listed as being a good powder for the 40 as well.

BTW, welcome to the forum! stop over in the Introductions section and say hello. glad to have you here.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have never used the Accurate powders so I cannot speak on them. I use Red dot in most pistol loads and Blue Dot for hotter loads. My red dot load in .40 is very accurate and pretty clean

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Power Pistol and HS-6 are the powders that I have had best luck with in .40.

Also in 9MM, .38+P, .45 +P and several others.

But these powders are best used in full power loads. They don't do well in light target loads, IME.

5. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

All I use is Titegroup for my 9mm and .40 reloads. I have a couple recipes that uses the same charge for both and shoots real well. Unless I'm loading rifle rounds I never have to change my powder measure.

6. Coyotenator

Coyotenator New Member

Another vote for PowerPistol.
    Bullseye works okay too, but I have only loaded PP for a year or more now for practice ammo.
    6.0 grn PP-- Rainier 180 grn FP --- Fed primer ---870 fps out of my XDSC

7. snowmonkey81

snowmonkey81 New Member

Thank all of you for the suggestions on different powders. I will be trying things differently next time, for sure and will be using one of the ones you suggested.