Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got my XDm. Wow, I can't believe how soft it shoots for a 45! Even with the short magazine it's so easy to control. Very happy I was able to find this one. I think there may be more XDm's in my future!

·
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
4,611 Posts
Got my XDm. Wow, I can't believe how soft it shoots for a 45! Even with the short magazine it's so easy to control. Very happy I was able to find this one. I think there may be more XDm's in my future!
Take a good look at the XDS for a good conceal pistol.
Rumor has it that it's due to come out soon in a 9mm configuration according to the SHOT show.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqsK78EzkY[/ame]

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I love my XDM 4.5" in 45acp. It is my primary, go-to, bedside gun. However, I'm not a fan of the XDs, but for ergonomic issues. If I need a small single stack, I've been more happy with 9mm. Being limited in the XDs to only 5+1 doesn't interest me much. Personally, I'd rather (and DO) carry a commander 1911 when I want 45acp. I have a SW1911Sc and love it! My small single-stack is a Kahr CM9.

I will, however, be VERY interested in a XDs in 9mm.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Consider me a fan of almost anything XD/XDm/XDs.

But in particular I don't like the standard XDm 3.8. Short barrel, long grip...basically a squarish gun that reduces ballistic performance and potential accuracy (due to shorter barrel) without much gain in concealability (the grip length is typically the primary concern).

Now the XDm 3.8 compact that comes with one extended mag and one shorty...? I love that setup!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
The XDs 9mm will be 7+1 and 9+1with the extended mag..
And as soon as I can find one, SOLD!
The XDs 9mm showing up on the shelves will probably result in my S&W M&P Shield going up for sale. Don't get me wrong, the Shield is truly an outstanding micro carry. But it's slightly second fiddle to the XDs due to that nasty little (moderately difficult to de-activate) thumb safety. My XDs45 gets carried daily, so my Shield just sort of hangs out at home with the cat right now.

But I probably won't sell the Shield until I've got a line on an XDs9. Like I said, it's a great gun in its own right. Probably the second best micro CC out there for my preferences. Both platforms have very shooter friendly triggers.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Just wondering, does anyone use the holster that comes with the gun? I'm kind of on the fence about it.
No, I do not, too wobbly for me.

·
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
4,611 Posts
Don't care for the supplied holster, main reason, I'm left handed. :D

For my XDm 45 compact I went with a Double Tap IWB holster.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all sorry to drum this thread up but since there are a few xdm 45 compact owners here I figured id ask.I just recently purchased the aforementioned gun and I love it but ivw noticed that when loaded the extended mag is rather wobbly when in the gun. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.