Firearms Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a new toy soon. One of the guns I'm looking at is the 3.8 in 45acp. I'm looking for any feedback , pro or con, from anyone who owns one. I really don't know that much about XDM,so any info would be welcomed. Thank you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. Starting my search this week, hoping to be able to find one. People's republic of Illinois,eh? I feel for you. I'm across the line in Wisconsin . I have a ringside seat for what you have to deal with. Ridiculous .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got my XDm. Wow, I can't believe how soft it shoots for a 45! Even with the short magazine it's so easy to control. Very happy I was able to find this one. I think there may be more XDm's in my future!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I know exactly what you're talking about. When full, the 13 rounder does wiggle around more than I'm used to. As I said before though, this has never caused issues of any kind. Comparing mine to others at a couple different shops/ranges gave the same results. It just seems to be the nature of the beast with this one. Shoot it and enjoy it, that's what I'm doing!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I believe could be part of the design as well. The XDMs , like Glocks, were never intended to be display queens. These are service pistols. If you drop a magazine , you can pick it up, knock the worst of the mud off on your pant leg, then load and shoot reliably. The shorter grip on the compact also doesn't support the full length of the mag, which adds to the wiggle factor. I've never put an extended mag in my Glock, but now I have to try one just for the comparison .

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've got a lot of trigger time with mine now, and have had no issues with the biting problem. I only fire 50-75 rounds through one gun before I switch to another one , though. Yeah, I'm a gun whore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.