Xdm 3.8 45

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by rb522, Jan 6, 2013.

1. rb522

rb522 New Member

Getting a new toy soon. One of the guns I'm looking at is the 3.8 in 45acp. I'm looking for any feedback , pro or con, from anyone who owns one. I really don't know that much about XDM,so any info would be welcomed. Thank you.

2. SCrewed

SCrewed New Member

I just shot my brand new XDM-9c this evening and loved it. We were shooting two other pistols as well (an SR9c and an M&P 9) that some other members of my family bought and one big thing I love about my xdm is when it's time to clean it. It takes literally all of 5.3 seconds to field strip that sumbitch which gives me plenty of time to sit back and watch them fumble with tools and pins lol. But I digress. From one new owner to a future one, I am very pleased with my purchase and confident in my new firearm. You will love it.

3. rb522

rb522 New Member

The way things are looking, I may not find one to buy. Unreal!

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Got a 3.8 xdm in 45acp superb ccw gun surprisingly accurate and still able to use full size or the reduced capacity shorty mags. I find it easier shooting than a full size 1911.

5. rb522

rb522 New Member

That's what I'm looking for, easy to carry and still a good shooter. Hope I can find one!

6. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

7. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

Just got an xdm9c and love it.
    I shoot it nearly as well as my buddies 5.25 competition. Which surprised the heck out of me.
    I had to go to gunbroker to get it, because I couldn't find it anywhere in this communist state of mine. (Illinois)

Attached Files:

8. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

BTW pic is of target at 30 ft

9. rb522

rb522 New Member

Nice. Starting my search this week, hoping to be able to find one. People's republic of Illinois,eh? I feel for you. I'm across the line in Wisconsin . I have a ringside seat for what you have to deal with. Ridiculous .

10. rb522

rb522 New Member

Found one !! Picking it up next week. Can't wait to shoot it!

11. BUCSFAN99

BUCSFAN99 New Member

Have you looked into the XDS? Hard to find but if you can get your hands on one you it would be a great gun. I've had mine for a couple of months now and it is a great pistol. 3.3" barrel and it is only 1" wide making it super easy to conceal. A lot of folks say that they are afraid that the recoil would be too much to handle but it isn't. Springfield did a really nice job designing the XDS and the recoil isn't too bad. Shooting +P a bunch will have you feeling harsh recoil but it will do that in most guns.

12. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Absolutely a fantastic weapon, reminds me very much of Glocks, reliability, the feel and performance but it looks cooler and is more ergonomic as well as the extra safety features, XD's have rose to become my favorites for the all around go to pistol for me personally.

13. rb522

rb522 New Member

I'm used to shooting Glocks, so this will be a change for me. Very eager to try it out!

14. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Have been very satisfied with my Springers and especially the XDS, very concealable 45.

1.1911 Loaded
    2.XDM 45, 3.8
    3.XDS 45

[​IMG]

15. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

After the luck I've had with the XD's I've been looking at those 1911's, I've got a bad obsession with that SR1911 though but I really, really love the XD line so I don't know, how do you feel they compare? the Spring1911's to the SR1911?

16. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Really don't know much about the Ruger 1911 version but the Springer is well made, comes with a lifetime warranty and priced competitively.

I got a Blackhawk CQC high ride holster to put it in and it holds the gun close to the body and comfortable.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  17. rb522

rb522 New Member

My wife has the Springfield 1911 , the one they call the loaded, and its one sweet gun. I like it much better than my Colt. I would recommend that one highly.

18. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Man that is one sexy .45.

19. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

May I ask which Colt?

20. rb522

rb522 New Member

It's an old series 70 I've had for 20 years. It was well used when I got it.