xd9

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by xd man, Jan 29, 2011.

1. xd man

xd man New Member

i am in the market for a 9mm and have narrowed it down to the xd and glock19, does anyone have shooting comparisons of these 2 guns and what makes one better than the other.

2. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Both are good, reliable guns IMO. The XD has the added feature of a grip safety in addition to the Glock-style trigger safety. The XD and the Glock have two different grip angles, the Glock grip angle takes some getting used to as it's not what I would consider to be "Point and Shoot".
    My advice is to see which feels better in your hand and if possible, rent and shoot both and see which one works best for you.

3. twstdn8v

twstdn8v New Member

I like the the XD just for the reasons mentioned above "backstrap safety and grip angle" alot more comfortable if you have larger hands.

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

2nd GL
    Glock's grip angle is an odity among auto pistols, folks either love em or hate em so you definety want to spend time behind one before droping your cash.

Tack

5. xd man

xd man New Member

re

what kind of accuracy can the avg shooter expect?:D

6. twstdn8v

twstdn8v New Member

Average accuracy for average shooter
    everything translates from practice to practical. you can be accurate with a Daisy one pump rifle if you practice enough.

7. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I've had my XD9 since 2004 and absolutely love it. I'd say handle them both and see what you like.

8. spook

spook New Member

For me the SA has a much better feel, translate, grip angle. Also the SA supports the case clear to the back, Glock does not and the cases bulge. This is important mostly if you reload. It also seems to me to be a safety issue but apparently not since I have not heard a single complaint about a case blowing out in a Glock.

9. CulexPipiens

CulexPipiens New Member

I'm also considering one... a group of us went to the local range and I rented one... plus got to try out everyone else's stuff. Being a novice and quite new to guns I was doing OK with it... 95%+ of shots hitting the target. One of the other guys I was with tried it and, having never shot it before, put 10 shots in about a 3" circle at 7 yards.

10. NCSU08MS3

NCSU08MS3 New Member

shot both, and now own an XDM9 compact. Glock grip angle is just strange to me, the XD and XD(m) is closer to a 1911 type grip. plus the grip safety on the XD(m) is a huge perk to me, having that second safety that doesn't require remembering to turn on or off is great.

Phillip

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Both guns will be reliable. I've had an XD9 and XD45, never had a single issue out of either. As others have mentioned I don't care for the Glocks grip angle and they just feel like a brick in my hand. I also don't like the idea of the lone safety being on the trigger....doesn't make sense.
    The XD has a few features that the glock doesn't and the goodies that come with the gun can't be beat for the money.