xd9 slide stuck

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by carp, Nov 2, 2009.

1. carp

carp New Member

I have xd9 that the slide is stuck can,t get it loose moves about 1" and no more any help out there

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

please provide more details:

What were you doing when it stuck? Is weapon loaded, round in chamber (hope not)? Were you assembling or disassembling? Take down lever locked or unlocked.

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

PS to last post. Forgot to ask if the slide is stuck open, i.e. fully rearward with barrel exposed? If the mag is out you need to disengage the slide release. I know thats basic but you didn't give info on your experience and you bought the gun yesterday for all I know.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Good PS Jpyle.

Carp, welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy. :)

If you can stop by the introduction thread and let us know a little about your experience and background with firearms, it can be helpful. :D

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You are full of canary eyebrows. Xd's don't do that.

6. carp

carp New Member

just talk to sringfield said I had squib in barrel and have to send back for repairs thank for your help will let youknow when I hear from them

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Squib, huh? Did you have a round that did not fire fully...just the primer pop?

8. carp

carp New Member

you know I don,t think so there was about ten people right next to me I was shooting a bowling pin match and someone would have heared if it was a squib my brother was about 3 feet from me keeping score aand he didn,t hear anything but it,s going in the mail tomorrow will let you know when I hear something

9. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I'm interested to hear what the cause is. Particularly WRT the manufacturer and lot# of ammo you were trying to shoot. Could you not remove the magazine and break the gun down?

10. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

you know I don,t think so there was about ten people right next to me I was shooting a bowling pin match and someone would have heared if it was a squib my brother was about 3 feet from me keeping score aand he didn,t hear anything but it,s going in the mail tomorrow will let you know when I hear something

I'm confused. You have a bullet stuck in the barrel, another cartridge jammed behind it keeping the slide open? And you are sending that through the mail?

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm sorry, I'm calling BS on this one without pictures. A squib will not prevent you from breaking down the gun, taking the barrel out and pushing the bullet out. Would it chamber the next round? Probably not as there was not enough energy to cycle the slide but completely lock the slide up?? I'm willing to bet that something else is going on here.

12. carp

carp New Member

you know I don,t think I had a squib because the gun cycled on it,s own they were my loads if it was squib it wwould not have cycled send gun off today will let you know as soon as i hear something

13. User Name

User Name New Member

OMFG Please use proper grammer! Reading your posts is giving me a headache! Thank you.

14. red ryder

red ryder New Member

i bet he is posting from a crackberry or iphone.

but i agree. well written post yeild more helpful responses.

15. carp

carp New Member

Slide stuck

Well sorry about my grammer if you don,t like it don,t read my post that said i recieved my gun friday they said i had a squid load in barrel and barrel was bulge that is why i could not get slide off. Cost to me was $145.00 had to replace barrel and disassembly lever took gun out to club today and work perfect no problems happy with repairs

16. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

So what? Springfield charged you $145 to replace a manufacturing malfunction? It must have been a result of misuse?

17. carp

carp New Member

yes according springfield it was my fault. It was squib or obstruction in barrel
    that bulge the barrel

18. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

A single squib won't buldge your barrel. Did you happen to put a few more behind the first one?

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Did you look in the barrel to see if there was a squib present??

Do you know what a squib is?

If there is sufficient energy released to "bulge" a modern manufactured barrel the operator should have adequate feedback to verify said action!

And a repair from SA from root to fruit (11/2 to 11/14) is impressive factory turnaround!

Something doesn't fit here???

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009