XD45 upgrades

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by lbwar15, Aug 13, 2012.

1. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I just got my XD45 about a month ago. I have put 110 rounds through it so far. I love this thing. But I know just like with every other factory gun it could be better. So I was wondering dose anyone have and suggestions on what to do to it first. If you can please include prices.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

I bought a half dozen or so extra magazines for mine and a crapload of ammo for practicing. At least it doesn't mind eating the cheap stuff. You could also put some Glow-On on the tree dot sights for better night-time shooting.

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Already going to order mags and stock up on ammo. I have ben looking into night sights but I dont know what ones I won't to get.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I just used the paint on stuff from Glow-On. I haven't tried it, but it has often been said that the XD sights don't come off too easily.

5. cuba

cuba New Member

One bad a$$ gun

I've had my XD 45 tactical since 09 I've added a few things like a trigger kit from Springer Precision, a stainless steel guide rod, extended mag release, poly mag-well, Aradendo extended +3 mags and Decal grips, the only negative thing that I have found is that if you excessively oil the striker you will get light firing pin strikes and most XD will not feed SWC but will feed the rest fine, a real SHTF type of gun.

[​IMG]