XD45 Compact

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by JTJ, Oct 30, 2011.

1. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I went to a small gun show this afternoon to sell raffle tickets on a Taurus Judge. While I was there I traded my Kel-tec P11 +$300 for a brand new compact XD45. Springfield has a promotion going on. If you purchase of any new XD or XDM by November 30th you get 3 mags and a 2 mag carrier free. I just sent in the info online. You will need to scan the bill of sale into a jpeg file to upload it to Springfield. I also sold my Taurus PT22 for $200. It was a brand new warranty replacement for a well used 19 year old pistol.:)

2. JTJ

Aliguai
    All power comes from the barrel of a gun. The Communist Party must control all guns so a gun may never be used against the Party...Mao Tse Tung

A gun is a tool. In the hands of an evil man, the gun will be used for evil. In the hands of a good man, a gun will be used to defend against evil.

This post was in response to an anti gun troll from China. The troll and his post were removed by the moderators after I reported it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

A firearm is just like a hammer or any other tool. Hammers can be used to commit violent crimes and violent acts just like firearms can. For example, on my family's property we have a giant tree trunk that is very rotten that we need to eventually get rid of. So we use various firearms to shoot at targets on it or try to see if we can split it in certain areas. My family thoroughly enjoys doing this and at the same time we're using our firearms as tools to remove the trunk.

4. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

BTW JTJ, congratulations on your excellent trade/purchase! Lookin forward to some pictures ;).

5. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

I'd say you did well on your trade deal. Love the XD's!!

6. JTJ

I made a quick trip to the range and ran 40 rnds 230 grn HB. Here is a picture of the pistol and the target. Much easier to shoot than the G36 since it is heavier but not much bigger.

Attached Files:

• XD45.jpg
      XD45.jpg
      File size:
      58.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Malan35

Malan35 New Member

Very cool! Is the gun harder to hold onto with the shorter grips? I opted for the full size. Should be picking it up tomorrow.

8. JTJ

Fits my hand great. Better than my G36 and easier to control. The 1st 20 rnds were to learn the trigger and the target is the 2nd 20 rnds. I am liking this gun.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  9. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very nice shooting. I have always liked the xd45's.