Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own or have owned a XD40.

Would like to hear some feedback on them. I know they are fairly new to market compared to other manufactures models. Are all the kinks out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had an xd40 but ended up selling it for a glock 40. the glock grip was just more accustomed to my hand and i was more accurate with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have two - but not for long

I love the guns, really I do. I have a 45gap tactical length and a service length 45acp. I have converted a couple dozen people to using this handgun.

But I can't keep it in my collection. Springfield Armory will NOT sell small parts of any sort to anybody, including gunsmiths.

I can't support that philosophy, and I don't want to get caught with my pants down disarming myself by shipping my gun just to get a new spring.

G

·
i have an XD9 and i love it, its a great weapon, and Ive talked several people out of buying glocks and turned them onto the XD. as for parts, i have never encountered a problem with the weapon, and ive been through about 3000 rounds, and if it came down to a simple spring, i would swap out for don's or canyon creek anyways, why get stock. go to a shop that has a range that offers you to try weapons before you buy, shoot a glock, then shoot an xd, you will notice the difference right away. and you will buy the xd. amazing weapons. just as a side note, i have a $1200 Sig i picked up about 6 months before the xd, love the Sig and if you want the best buy a Sig, but as nice as the weapon is and as accurate and practical as it might be, i carry the xd.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just sold my Glock 22 and picked up an XD40. Much better choice in my opinion. Better grip angle. I kept having to bend my wrist to bring the sight up on the Glock. The XD is point and shoot, dead-on.

I'd rather have 15 rounds instead of 12, but the smaller grip is a much better fit in my hand.

I do wish there were more aftermarket parts available. Maybe as time goes by Springfield will loosen up on the control they seem to have. I picked up an extended mag release out of Canada, but that's about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carry a XD40 jut got it, with the exception of getting used to the new weight, I love this weapon so far, a blind mans gun and very safe, you can tell if it's loaded, tell if there is one in the chamber, without pulling the slide back which can cause a jam in itself.probably the best novice carry weapon yet. and great stopping power!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got mine

Went to the range for the first time today with my XD40. I also took my glock 9mm and I liked my XD better. I was able to group my shots better and it felt better in my hand. I should of bought my XD first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is a XD forum, so it is not any great discovery that there is almost always positive feedback on the XD's.

But, then even of other forums the XD's are really coming out great on top.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an XD 40 SC. It's a great gun. Goes bang every time, eats whatever I feed it, hits where I aim, feels good in the hand, has a great light trigger, and did I mention that it's a great gun. My son-in-law and I were out making holes in paper when they were up for Thanksgiving. We both have XD 40 SC's and had a blast. I was able to quick draw mine and shooting from the hip area in rapid fire fashion, I was able to put all 12 holes in a 9" circle around the bullseye at 20 feet in about 3-4 seconds. I wasn't really trying for speed, but I was trying to hit the target. And that was without the laser grip that I got for Christmas. It exceeded my expectations.:D:D:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have ordered the XDm .40 S&W. I should get it today or tomorrow.

got it on recommendation from a couple of cop friends... "just make sure the gun has a 4 in it. If you are a good shot, you don't need the extra rounds a 9 has"

Shot a XDm 9mm last month and liked so i just ordered the .40

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my XD40sc so much... I bought another! I keep one on me and another in the bedroom! Looking to get trigger jobs on both eventually. The Crossbreed holster is so comfortable that sometimes I forget I have it on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts