XD

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by redwingnut, Apr 20, 2010.

1. redwingnut

redwingnut New Member

anybody have opinions of the springfield armory XD .45 pistol??

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

It's a great pistol! :cool:

3. captianfish

captianfish New Member

Had one...wish I never sold it, but needed the money at the time. Wife has an XD sub-compact 9mm, we both love it. I would like to see the XDM come in a 45.:cool:

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Best Hi Cap Poly Striker Gun on the market...

5. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

I loved my XD45. I'd buy it again if I could afford the ammo. :D

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The regular XD ,45 is quite a large gun with a long grip. The Compact is about the perfect size for a good all-around gun. I really like my Compact...

[​IMG]

7. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Can't go wrong with it. I love mine.

8. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Best tupperware pistol ever made!:cool:

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

The absolute, without a doubt, best polymer pistol on the market today....you even picked my favorite caliber.

10. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I had the Opportunity to get an XD .45GAP for $219 but when I went to get it someone had bought it.

11. gunsavy

gunsavy New Member

It must be the look of the xdm that people like because I really can't see with the size of the .45 round them getting anymore to fit than the fnp .45. I have a g30 with a g21 mag which gives 13+1 . I have the xd .40 and love it a bit large but I don't care. Seems people who buy the xdm .45 will not care either.

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You're better off without it. Around here you couldn't feed it with any regularity.

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

The XD platforms popularity has been both surprising and universal. I think the reason for this stems from the trigger.

Glock's took off in the 80's w/LEO's, most of whom at the time were armed with DA revolvers so Glock's heavier trigger was not a drawback to these folks and many non LEO's believe that if Cops are using something, it must be the best.

This did not wash with deciples of John Browing like myself who grew up behind the "still number 1" SA trigger set up of the 1911.

The XD, while definitely a striker gun like the Glock, put's the firing pin spring under 100% tension when the slide is racked where the Glock only puts its spring under 60% tension.

The result is of course a lighter, crisper trigger that everyone appreciates and that finally gave us 1911 guys a hi cap poly we could live with.

Throw the improved ergonomics into that bag, offer it in .45 ACP, and you've got a winner!

14. detroit2786

detroit2786 New Member

I like it, came very close to buying one a few months ago. I decided to go with 9mm though because of the ammo cost.

I enjoyed shooting it. However, my only other .45 comparison was a Taurus.

I enjoyed it much more than the xd's and glocks that I tried in the .40.

15. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i rented and compared a glock 22 gen 4 in .40 to an XD in .40 wednesday night..

liked em both...i like the "field goal" sights on the glock....but the feel and action of the XD seemd a tad smoother maybe...

i thought they were especially easy to shoot for a beginner as well. i had two failure to feeds on the XD, i mentioned it to the one of the range owners when returning the gun and then he inquired "how are you holding the gun?"

the FTF's were essentially due to my loose grip, but this nice fella proceeded to practically give me a whole lesson on how to hold the pistol and pull the trigger so i'm not "milking it" so to speak...

anyway i thought the XD was a pretty nice, smooth solid action.

I only have a sig p226 to compare to as well so thats a fairly high bar too...

16. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

The XD45 is one of the most accurate .45's I have ever owned.

17. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I have a XD40 that I really like, a lot... and a FNP-45 Tactical that I love! Big difference though? Can't really conceal carry the FNP... yet.