XD Sub Compact (3") Holster for CCW?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by VXASUXV, Dec 20, 2013.

1. VXASUXV

VXASUXV New Member

Can anyone recommend a decent, affordable holster for an XD Sub Compact .40? I'm really struggling to find anything for my XD, let alone something streamlined and comfortable.

I have concerns about the size and location of the holster due to my body dimensions. I'm a long time wrestler and powerlifter with broad shoulders, small waist, and big legs (including butt). Clothes just don't fit right when you're a whopping 5'7" at 205lbs. Adding a CC weapon only makes matters worse.

I'd prefer an IWB or appendix carry because that feels most comfortable and my shirts drape typically with my small waist. I want something nice but don't want to spend a ton (no more than $80) of money on my first CC holster. Any ideas?

...I'm not a huge fan of Kydex, either.

2. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

3. stans1xd

stans1xd New Member

N82 professional for iwb. Desantis Nemesis for pocket carry.

4. Mick3411

Mick3411 New Member

I carried my xdsc in both the n8 and the super tuck. For comfort I liked the super tuck better.

5. Upstream

Upstream New Member

I've got my XD40 subcompact in a Crossbreed Super Tuck

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

7. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

The most comfortable holster you can get is a N82 tacticle holster. Check it out.

8. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I carry my XDS in a Tennessee Holster Company high ride. Its OWB but works very well for me. 55.00 on there web site.

9. VXASUXV

VXASUXV New Member

Thanks guys - I'm shopping around and I've bought a couple holsters. I haven't found the perfect match, yet, but I'm still looking and plan to place an order for a Foxx Holder or N82 tonight. I suppose holsters are just one of those things that take some time, money, and getting lucky with the right fit.

On another note, my places I can go while concealing are going to be greatly limited and seems to be dwindling as the year progresses. CCW licenses haven't even been issued in IL yet and all sorts of stores (grocery, restaurant, gas station, you name it) already have a no firearm sign posted.