Xd pulls to the right

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by lbwar15, Oct 28, 2012.

1. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

went to the range a few weeks ago to run some rounds through my XD .45. Noticed its hitting about 6in to the right at 10 yards. Should I buy new sights. I have not seen anywhere to adjust the stock sights.

2. AmericanShooter

AmericanShooter New Member

It could be the sights but for the most part they are tested and fired before they ship out for accuracy.
    I would check you finger position first. You could be jerking the trigger, if right handed, or slapping the trigger, left handed. Use a rest and a slow steady trigger squeeze straight to the rear to check accuracy before adjusting your sights.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

You may also be using too much finger on the trigger.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Ill have to check next time I go shoot. I tend to do a good job at avoiding mad takes like that. I was shooting some really tight groups so I thought it was the sights. I will try it agin and see what happens.

6. AmericanShooter

AmericanShooter New Member

Ya use a rest and a very slow direct pull to the rear. If it has a good group while maintaining constant sight alignment/sight picture at your target, then you may have to adjust your sights

7. strix

strix New Member

Do like americanshooter said to do and put it on a rest most likely it's you, you may be jerking a bit before you shoot cause of recoil