XD owners! Post about reliability!

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by ZombieBrawler, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

How reliable is your XD line pistol? Show off some pics too!

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Have had both for several years, never had any feed, eject or firing issues. Shoot mainly FMJ but have run JHP in both with no issues...

[​IMG]

3. theropinfool

theropinfool New Member

I've run the cheapest dirtiest ammo they sell through mine for years. Never one problem.

image-3552737393.jpg

image-2116320714.jpg

image-2737781040.jpg

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  4. Retaks

Retaks New Member

I just got my XDM but the XD i traded in i carried every day. It has been in snow, rain, mud and never had any issues. I never had it jam up no matter what i put it through. I did keep it cleaned and properly lubed. It had over 15,000 rounds through it and never had an issue. It was fed everything from White box winchesters to high end hollow points.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Reliability? I don't even think about :D
    XD 45 Tactical-

[​IMG]

6. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

[​IMG]

Love mine and never a problem.

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I have an XD40SC. Reliability is not an issue. It will feed everything I give it, cast & plated reloads, FMJ, JHPs, it doesn't care.
    The only issue I've had is failing to keep my thumb away from the slide release, causing it to not lock the slide back on an empty mag.

8. B33zyB4by

B33zyB4by New Member

My brother has an xd40sc and we have put about 4000 rounds through that little thing with not even 1 failure. I am still amazed at the reliability of that thing.

9. chazzy

chazzy New Member

I've had my xd9sc since beginning of February and ran about 800 rounds through it between FMJ and JHP 115gr....not one issue....I love this gun

Attached Files:

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

My experience is much more limited than most of the above, but it has gleefully eaten every bit of gun food I have fed into it. The XDM's are ridiculously easy to take down and remove the gun poop.

11. refugeepj

refugeepj New Member

xd 45 service (gave to my oldest son) and xd tactical 45 both flawless. fine weapons.

12. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Not to be a party pooper, but I did run into a problem with a retaining pin for the firing pin assembly on my XDm 3.8 Compact 9mm. Gunsmith says they are having problems with the retaining pin. I had about 1000 rounds through it plus about 2000 to 3000 dry fires. Dry fires didn't seem to affect the gun at all. Gun jammed (on a dummy round, not factory loaded). Clearing the jam appears to have broken the retaining pin.

That said, I love my XDm and plan to get either an XD or XDm 45 full frame soon. Maybe one of those 5.25" barrels (drools heavily). Just need to decide whether I want to stay with XDm or drop back to XD which does not appear to have had the retaining pin issues. But XD doesn't have 5.25" barrel :( .

13. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^1 out of 14^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    no worries form mine

14. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I named mine Billy because the sucker is a goat. He'll eat any thing you put in front of him and just lick his lips and wait for more.

[​IMG]

15. GunmanMicky

GunmanMicky New Member

Hey guys this is a neat thread! everything is dedicated to the XD - cool! I also have an XD tactical and its really grate. The 5 inch barrel gives my gun a good proportion and the grips fit my hand perfectly so its easier when I go shooting. I absolutely have no problems with it and getting it was really worth it. I'd like to share with you guys this article that I found a couple of hours ago. I'm excited to have my gun ultrasonically cleaned. Wait is that even a word? lol. Anyway this article >>> http://www.iultrasonic.com/springfield-xd-overhaul-with-an-ultrasonic-cleaner.html talks about having the insides of your gun cleaned. It says that cleaning your gun can make it perform better so I'm really up for it. Has anyone tried it? Or do you know anyone who tried it? I'm excited but I'll wait for feed backs. Let me know if you have anything. Thanks!

16. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

I borrowed a XD9 4" Service that had over 250 rounds in it and I put in another 200 and no problem. Shot another 100 rounds from a XDM rental no problem. I love the guns. Biggest issue is deciding to buy the XD or XDM - that is a good issue to have

17. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

Indeed my issue is .45 4.5" full or .45 compact?

18. bub72ck

bub72ck New Member

I have about 600 rounds through my XD9 service with zero issues. Matter of fact it shoots better every time I take it out.

[​IMG]

19. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

I should mention that 250 rounds was not cleaned and then another 200. the guy who owns the gun told me he never has issues with it.