XD or Glock

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by opaww, Aug 22, 2010.

1. opaww

opaww New Member

Right to the point

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdYBc0BLgQ]YouTube - GLOCK vs XD[/ame]

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

"I need to validate my purchase thru someone else because I cannot think for myself."

This decribes so many people on the internet it's not funny. Thanks for that, opaww. It made me laugh.

3. opaww

opaww New Member

I thought it was funny

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

that made me laugh

5. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Great video. I thought this was another mine is better than yours thread.

6. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Good vid, mate. The "you couldn't get a clue in clue mating season in a field full of clues of you smeared yourself in musk and did the clue mating dance" bit is just brilliant. I'm stealing that line.

7. lkd

lkd New Member

My favorite scenario is watching a newb with a shiny XD/XDM come to a match thinking that they can shoot IDPA in the SSP class, then watching their look of horror/disappointment when they're shoved into ESP because their pistol is classified as a "Single Action Pistol."

8. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Francisco, you stole my quote! :D

9. jbd

jbd New Member

Nice opaww, it made me laugh.

10. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

That's about the size of it.

Personally. . I "like" 'em both, but my "love" has begun to drift in the direction of other firearms, especially Revolvers in respect to handguns. In my eyes they are "better", for my purposes. Mostly mountain guns and ccw. Of course I'm always gonna have a medium-high cap pistol in the safe with several mags and plenty of ammo, in case a different, SHTF type urgent need arises, where speed and volume become necessary.

Until then the pistols get shot (only occasionally), but they go right back in the safe when the range session is over.

11. notamoocher

notamoocher New Member

Hi-point works

I owned a XD9 and liked it as well as any gun I ever shot. It is hard to believe that either of these great guns are also some of the most affordable ones out there. But I also have a hi-point and if you needed to arm say your entire family in a hurry at a very low cost, the Hi-point goes bang ever time I have ever pulled the trigger.