xd or glock 19

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by rob1990, Apr 15, 2013.

1. rob1990

rob1990 New Member

I'm looking for a new gun for my girlfriend. I have a glock 23 and she loves the size but hates the recoil of the 40 so were looking for a 9mm option so far she's held and likes the xd and the glock 19 was wondering if anyone liked either better and why? She's currently shooting my highpoint c9 and I'm looking to get her somthing a bit better

2. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I would say go with the Glock because you said she is familiar with it and likes it.
    Don't know if it is something you are interested in but you can buy a 9mm conversion barrel for your .40. Just drop it in and switch mags, ready to go.
    But if she is just wanting her own I would go with the Glock or let her handle the XD before you decide. Good Luck

3. rob1990

rob1990 New Member

Yea ive considered the drop in barrel but she wants her own gun when we go shooting. Shes held both the xd and the 19. But she has seen a ruger sr9 that she really liked also.

4. S-101hat

S-101hat New Member

It will all boil down to personal preference, I would suggest the Xd due to the safeties if she wanted to carry it in the near future. I don't know anything about the SR, but I have carried both the XD and Glock for a duty weapon, both are great guns.

5. daniels1911

daniels1911 New Member

Go with the 19. I have one in gen 4 and my girlfriend loves it. She didn't care for any of my glock 40s

6. rpritchard0001

rpritchard0001 New Member

If you go with the G19 then you also will be able to use most of your current accessories, such as holsters.

7. Dextersmom

Dextersmom New Member

Check out the XDM Compact 9mm....I also have the Glock 22 gen 4(.40) which I didn't think had a bad recoil! The XDM is my fave though!

8. mattieb

mattieb New Member

Glock all the way I hate the grip safety and I think glocks are more comfortable ymmv but the glocks have multiple safeties the grip safety I think gets in the way and in a stressful situation she might not grip it right and seconds count just my .02 cents

9. danolator

danolator New Member

Glock hands down.

10. Mario

Mario New Member

The Glock 19 is an excellent option.

11. msup752

msup752 New Member

I had an XDM. I have a G19 4th gen now and it is my favorite. It fit my hand better, has more accessories and cheaper mags. However, XDM is a good pistol and I can't say anything bad about it.

12. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

Glock 19. Not even close. Accessories, reliability, ease of use. Oh and shorter trigger pull

13. danolator

danolator New Member

Not to mention he starts this on a Glock thread. Did you really think anyone was going to try and talk you into anything other than a Glock?

14. rob1990

rob1990 New Member

I was kinda hoping to be pointed toward glock. I don't own any xd's. But I need another glock lol.

15. DavidN

DavidN New Member

I agree 100%, at work Glocks is all we carry. They are very good and reliable pistols. But my personnel carry is my XDM. I love this gun, feel great, shoots great and down right a looker. But it comes down to personnel preference to the buyer along with funds. $500 dollar range compared to $600-$750 range when looking.

Attached Files:

16. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

All guns aren't Glocks???

17. MikeSC1972

MikeSC1972 New Member

I have a G19 and an XDM-9. Like them both. The XDM will be more comfy for her to hold and has a better stock trigger but the Glock is easier to conceal and is a workhorse. If you go Springfield, get the XDM, not the standard XD.

18. fsdwes

fsdwes New Member

+1 for the g19, my girlfriend loves it, I think she might be a better shot than me!

19. drlsgt

drlsgt New Member

I have a G19 Gen4 which I love Also have a G26 Gen4 (great carry gun!) Recently picked up a subcompact XDS - 45 and and XDS-9! Check those out as well - they are new and I love them!

20. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Honestly... the XDMs are the ugliest guns ever. No Glock is not the prettiest, that goes to Mr 1911 hands down... just saying