xd newbi

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by gunner860, Aug 26, 2012.

1. gunner860

gunner860 New Member

I'm looking to get my first hand gun and I am really looking at the xds. Anyone have any recomendations as to which type of xd I should look into?

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Depends on what you want, familiarity with calipers. What size gun are you looking for? I have shot and handled the service .45 full size. Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. Need more details about the main purpose of the handgun.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Assuming that is you in the avatar, thank you for your service. Stop by the Introduction section when you get a chance.

Are you looking for a CC piece, a general use gun or a range gun.

XD's are available for all uses. We will need more info to help make the call.

I have an XD 45, long trigger but it shoots good.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the XD and XDm platform is a very good series of pistols with models that will suit just about any need or wants person has. i have the XDm40 which is a fantastic pistol.

5. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

As has been said above, really need to know what you're going to use it for to make a good suggestion. I have an XDm 4.5" 9mm and I love it dearly. Great general use gun. I would love to get the XDs, .45 subcompact that is quite nice. And I've heard the XDm 5.25" is great for target shooting. All around a great line of guns...you won't be disappointed whichever one you go with, just need to narrow it down to the right one for your needs.

Good luck!

6. gunner860

gunner860 New Member

Thank you all for the suggestions. As for specifications, I'd like to use it as a secondary to a ar-15 and as a back up on hunting trips.

7. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I have an XDm in .40 and love it. As a backup, full frame or the XDm 3.8 would be sufficient. Just pick your caliber.

8. gunner860

gunner860 New Member

I like the .40 more than the 9mm personally.

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I have a 40 my brother the 9mm. I have yet to shoot his but mine is great very easy to control the recoil and pretty accurate. Your pebbly not gonna shoot the hole out of a bull but def holds a 3 in group at 25 yds

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have owned many different pistols in 40 caliber over the years, and i can say with all honesty, my XDm40 is by far my favorite of all of them. very easy to control, decent accuracy, and has the best trigger IMO.

11. gunner860

gunner860 New Member

When I shot the xd I was shooting a little high left but with a m9 I'm getting center mass all day. What could I be doing wrong ?

12. gunner860

gunner860 New Member

Honestly I love the long trigger pull as well. I feel more comfortable with it.

13. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

adjust your sights.. i was also shooting left.. drifted the rear sight and bam.. money money

14. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

Take your choice on the XD's.

I like the .45 for the usual reasons. However I do have an XD9 that I am pretty impressed with.

If that is you in your avatar...thank you for your service to our country.

Ed

15. gunner860

gunner860 New Member

Do u have that single stack xd?? And thank you very much for the support.

16. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

Mine is the standard XD9 double stack. I have been considering an XD 45 but have been hoping to find a used one, not many around it seems.

If I were looking at a very concealable 9 I would get the KelTech PF9. Compact, reliable and best of all....inexpensive.

Ed

17. GNXtreme

GNXtreme New Member

18. gunner860

gunner860 New Member

Do people sell firearms on this forum?