xd(m) -v- Sig Sauer P250

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by vwimports, Apr 13, 2009.

1. xd (m)

55.6%
  2. Sig Sauer P250

44.4%
  1. vwimports

vwimports New Member

Alright guys.. Trying decide between these two: xd(m) -v- Sig Sauer P250 I was gonna go sub compact but recently decided to go bigger and these are the two i'm looking at. I have not decided to go .40 or 9mm yet but in general what are the thoughts of these two.

2. joeya

joeya New Member

I have the Sig P250 9mm and love it. It has a Double Action Only trigger which takes some getting used to, but after a few rouds you will love it. It is very smooth and fun to shoot. The Springfield is a great gun also so either way you will be happy. The SIG is very easy to clean and maintain. Downside is that it only comes with one Mag. Hope this helps.

3. dragon281tx

dragon281tx New Member

4. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

Both are excellent pistols and are worthy of a purchase. However, for the value I would say that the XDm is the better choice to go with. It all really boils down to which one feels the most comfortable in your hands.

5. vwimports

vwimports New Member

How does the recoil compare between these 2?

6. Rare Faction

Rare Faction New Member

I'm personally a Sig fan, but that's just my opinion. Hold both, shoot both, and decide for yourself which one you like more

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

If it was ME, even though I think XDm is a decent semiauto, I'd go for the Sig, simply because it's available in my beloved,battle proven .45acp. When they come out with an XDm in .45, I'll get 1 to try but will NEVER replace my 1911s!

8. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Member

Go with Sig Sauer in the .45 ACP. Wonderful caliber and has been around for a very long time. As for the Sig P250, the research I read on it is pretty impresive. Other than that, I'd recomend the Tauruf 24/7 PRO in .45 4" bbl.

9. Volzfan

Volzfan New Member

Both are very good choices. Shoot both if you can and make your choice from personal experience. Caliber doesn't matter as much as shot placement. If you are good at that then any will get the job done.

10. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Both are excellent pistols. I voted for the Sig Sauer because you indicated that you had previously been looking at sub-compacts pistols. This leads me to believe that you are considering carrying the gun, and the P250 is by far the better carry gun. The Springfield XD(m) is an big, heavy duty pistol.

If I am wrong, and you are not considering carrying the gun concealed, then I would probably move back to the XD(m). Once you consider what you are going to do with the gun, then go lay hands on both. Work the action, snap the trigger, test fire the guns as rentals if possible. This will help you make your mind up.

Like I started the post, both are excellent pistols and I wouldn't want to live on the difference.

11. SIGe-nox

SIGe-nox New Member

Sig freakin sauer all the way

I have shot just about every XD and XDM there is and just about every sig, even owning a p226 equinox as my carry, and all i can say is SIG FREAKIN SAUER ALL THE WAY. Reliable as all can be, accurate, and extremely nice looking. But in the end whatever you shoot better and fits ur hand better.:confused:

12. Going Postal

Going Postal New Member

It was absolutely no contest for me. SIG SAUER!!

I bought an XD(m).40 cal a few months ago and I just could not make myself like it. I changed out the backstraps on it an shot it with each one on. No matter what I did, it just didn't feel good in my hand plus the trigger pull has just about got to the worst one I have ever seen (oh wait - I used to have an H&K VP-70-Z).

I put in an order for the Sig P250 and got tired of waiting so I bought the XM(m), what a mistake. The P250 is still on order and I traded the Springfield in on a Taurus PT1911.

13. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I do not have a XDm but I do have 2 XD45's. Love both of them, STILL waiting for a XDm in .45 to come out. I DO have several Sig's and love the all. The P229 in 9mm was my daily carry gun for 12yrs with a P239/9mm or a P232/380 as back up, before I purchased my XD45c. You can not go wrong with a Sig.:D
    As for the XDm I have heard mixed results. A friend of mine has the XDm but I have yet to shoot it.:(