Firearms Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
WeeMan9194 said:
Not to sound dumb but how did you do that?
Not a dumb question, im not sure exactly how it's done either. I had a guy in Maryland do it for me. I know there's some light hand sanding done then machine polishing followed by hand polishing. Takes quite a few hours to do.

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
HOSSFLY said:
My eyes! My eyes!
I don't care for polish jobs on guns. That's just more cleaning stuff to buy (mothers, never dull).
Plus if you are ever in a situation ware you don't need to be seen and the light hits its like shooting off flares. And it just doesn't look right. But that's just me. I don't like flashy guns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally agree Tupperware handguns are ment for function not too bling out so to speak. I love my 40 Cal sub- compact and the my new XDS 45 acp single stack. My 40 was a bit too thick for ccw for me in summer because of printing issues. Winter time I stick with my 1911 made by Magnum Research commander model this weapon I paid 745 including tax. I was unsure about the Magnum Reaserch company since they primarily make weapons that are for show, but anyhow I took a chance took the weapon too the range.What a dream to shoot! Has all the bells and whistles without the price. The only thing I have done to it was changed out the guide rod spring to a 20 lb Wolff spring for hotter rounds. Anyway sorry about the rant and change of subject. Buy the way the only thing I don't like is the Desert eagle rolled out on the slide kind of annoying looking. This one was made in Israel the craftsman ship is impeccable. Goes to show you don't have to spend 1500 + dollars for a quality 1911 thank you. I love the forum.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have an extended threaded barrel and ameriglo night sights on mine. The wow factor is when people see the tiny groups it shoots.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've had this Bi-tone 45 tactical since 2008 and I have done some customizing to it, first of I installed a complete Springer trigger kit into it that shortened the reset and take up by half the distance and dropped the trigger pull to 4 pounds, then I installed a solid stainless guide rod, an extended stainless extended ambi magazine catch, a Polly magwell that has held up very good, decal grips, and upgraded the magazines to arradendo 16+1 capacity, and crowned the barrel, just for looks I don't believe it made to much difference to accuracy but every bit helps, this is one bad A$$ pistol, the only thing missing is a set of big dot sights.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

21 - 31 of 31 Posts