XD and XDm holsters question

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Thadeuce, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

I'm looking to get a holster for my XDm 9mm 4.5. I have seen very few holsters for the XDm. Will a holster designed for the XD also serve the XDm?

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I don't know the answer to you question, but I'll do some research and see what I come up with to answer it. What type of holster are you looking for and what manufacturer if you know?

3. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Thanks. I'm looking for a Serpa Blackhawk or some similar style retention-type holster.

4. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Anybody have an idea?

5. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Don't make a purchase based on what I am saying. I read this somewhere and don't remember where and can't back it up. As far as I know holsters can be interchanged between the two models in like calibers, just not the magazines.

6. metalry23

metalry23 New Member

Watch what you get I have a smith and wesson 9mm that I use for my job. I also have a ruger 9mm and that does not fit in my holster. However if I get a .40 smith and wesson it will fit in the 9mm holster I have now cuz it has he same frame. My holster is a blackhawk surpa with the trigger finger release look at the packages at the gun shops near you it will tell you what fits in it right on the front of the box some do have a list on the front that's a mile long but look for your make and model and you will be fine

7. coba29

coba29 New Member

I have a xd45 utg bolsters fit perfect.