XD 45 with thumb safety???

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by g2gunny, Oct 10, 2012.

1. g2gunny

g2gunny New Member

Im looking for a new XD 45 with a thumb safety. I know they made them a few yrs back, but I cant find one anywhere. Do they still make the 45 with a thumb safety?

2. orangello

orangello New Member

3. g2gunny

g2gunny New Member

Im going to sound like a bit**, but I just feel safer with the thumb safety.

I guess they still do make them, but that are very hard to find. A few websites post them for sale, but when you add to cart they say not in stock.

Found a used one http://gunsforsale.net/texas/guns-for-sale/springfield-xd-45-full-size-3-mags-bore-snake-thumb-safety-xd-accessories-2-boxes-of-hornady-tap-hollow-points/ but I dont want a used one.

Let me know if you find one new for sale...im am in houston if anyone knows a shop that has one.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I hear you; it was a little weird for me at first, then i looked at my snubby revolver and learned to like the grip safety and fingering the edge of the slide with my trigger finger.

I will keep an ear out.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

6. crazycharlie2

crazycharlie2 New Member

You might want to check out customer service at Springfield. I think they will install one for you at a price.