xd 45 in dresser?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by trstncmpbll, Apr 30, 2010.

1. trstncmpbll

trstncmpbll New Member

So I just got a service model xd 45 and ifor storage I threw it in the case under my bed. But last night someone was jiggling our door lock and by the time I got out of bed, open the case and grabbed it that was way to much lost time. So if I throw it in my dresser out of the case under my socks and whatnot is it harmful or can it cause the gun not to fire with all the fuzz from fabric and the enviroment to be in there not protected.
    Thank you all for handling my ignorance

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

[​IMG]

This can be kept under a pillow or under the mattress. Would not be suitable with small children in the house, however. In that case a standard zippered pistol rug would be more appropriate to keep the "fuzzies" out of the gun. Lint and stuff would definitely stick to the oil on the barrel and slide if kept uncovered in a drawer. Another thing to consider is that next time there may be no time to cross the room and get to the dresser, what happens if the BG is already in the room with you?

3. trstncmpbll

trstncmpbll New Member

Well the side of the bed I sleep on is against the wall. Is there just some padded velcro or zippered pouch I can throw it in and put it on the side of my bed

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

My go to handgun and flashlight are within arms reach on my nightstand. I figure that if I come out of a deep sleep, I'm going to need things close at hand. It saves time and maybe our lives.

5. trstncmpbll

trstncmpbll New Member

My man...
    Thank you

6. trstncmpbll

trstncmpbll New Member

What about one of those cheap $35 ebay tactical lights? Gun lights like m series and ssl1 are crazy expensive

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I bought one of those cheap eBay lights (MTE C3). I'm pretty impressed with it for what I paid for it.

I keep my XDm .40 in a quick access safe in my dresser at the foot of my bed. I wonder about if I wake up and someone is in the room. I'm considering moving it to my nightstand next to my bed, but I'll need a different safe design for that.

8. CA357

I'm 60 and we have no kids at home. So security of the firearm isn't really a problem for us.

Sometimes I walk around the house with my 6" GP100 just for grins. :D

9. Viking

Viking Active Member

About a month ago Cosco had a coupon for getting a two pac of 160 lumen tac lights with Cree XPC LED. low, high, strobe and momentary for just over $14, regular price $17 and some penneys. These light are really well made concidering how little they cost.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  10. Viking

Viking Active Member

It's made of anodize aluminum with a polycarbonate lense, (like Lexan) tough and runs on three AAA batteries.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  11. trstncmpbll

trstncmpbll New Member

ill check out the costco ones thank you. i like the sites on the gun but what some good nite sites. something brighter. or should i use some good ole nail polish

12. trstncmpbll

trstncmpbll New Member

i also found $4 fluorescent paint pens

13. LegatoRedrivers

LegatoRedrivers New Member

In reply the Original Post, You could give one of these a try, depending on if there are kids in the house.

Ultimate Bed Holster | Picture Gallery

Just pulling the bed away from the wall an inch and a half or so is plenty of room.

14. trstncmpbll

trstncmpbll New Member

my only concern with a bed holster is i could see myself grabbing the gun while im asleep and killing myself from the way i sleep. even off the side of my bed. but it is a fast way to draw your weapon... hmm

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

If you keep it with a round in the chamber and ready to go in your sock drawer, you should not have issues with lint. If you keep it with your breech open, then it woud be easy for lint and stuff getting in there and possibly causing you problems.

16. CA357

You could always wear an ankle holster to bed. ;)

17. trstncmpbll

trstncmpbll New Member

I threw in some unused makeup bags of my wife and set it on the side of the bed against the wall. I think ill get that uncle mikes pouch or just a holster and set it there

18. PIMking

PIMking New Member

I wont keep a loaded pistol too close to me.

True story, When my father passed away I didn't sleep for a couple of days. Well finally I fell asleep at 630am or pretty close to that and a family friend of ours came over to visit my mom and consoul her. Well the only thing I heard was the dog barking and going nuts and I jumped up out of bed and went on to beat that a**... I broke his nose and he lost a couple of teeth and I had no idea what I did until my mom tackled me off of him.

This all happend when I was 16. I fear for anyone that wakes me up in a sleep because they better be prepared to take my life.

On a side note I have a killer scar on my hand from the teeth bashing. People tend to see those and leave you alone...

19. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

On the light issue. Go to home depot you can pick a LED lensor up for $40.00 it's one of the best little lights I've ever owned. I am quite impressed with it. It will shine a concentrated beam for over 500 feet and it's designed to cause momentary blindness! It's crush proof, water proof, and shock proof runs off of 3 triple a's. It has a single led bulb and 24 krt. gold terminals (so they won't get the funkies from old batteries). It's made by coast.