XD 40 vs PX4 Storm in 40

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by wyoprepper, Jun 19, 2012.

1. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Im looking at the xd 3in compact for home and carry. I love the looked and feel plus u get alot for your money.
    The PX I want because none of my friends have it and it comes in single and double action but I dont get alot of the gear like the xd.
    Whats your guys take?

2. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I have the XD and love it. Only firearm I own besides my AR10 that has NEVER had a malfunction. I owned a PX4 for about 3 years, and while it was accurate and reliable (they are a Beretta), I HATED the location of the de-cocker. So I sold it. Only gun I've ever bought with the intention of keeping that I later sold.

3. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Ya im just torn I would take both but that's not gunna happen unless I want a divorce lol

4. john2005

john2005 New Member

I have a mp40 and like it a lot man u might see if your local range has one u can shoot b4 u make your decision

5. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I have the M&P .40 also, and yes they are good. Mine can be "ammo finicky" for some reason tho. Usually with (factory) reloads.

6. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

See that's the thing we dont have a range that has rentals all we have are dirt hills. Another thing is that the only pistols my bros got are the xd, high-point, and glocks.. I wish I had a plethora of guns to try before I buy

7. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

I have a XD I like it bt the rear safty takes some getting used to

8. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Can u run steel ammunition through the xd px or m&p? Not my first choice but sometimes that's the only ammo available and dam it if I wanna shoot im going to shoot

9. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

My XD eats up everything..no failures I've put a lil over 1k rounds through it

10. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Dam that's a good number of rounds but not hard to do if u have money and time

11. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

my px4 .40 runs tul ammo fine, however i don't make a habit out of it. I actually don't care for the decocker/safety placement either, but love the rest of the gun. One of the reasons that I went with the Beretta was that several of my friends had XDs, FNs, Glocks, etc...so figured to get something different. I don't think with either choice you will be disappointed. Hey, check if Beretta has a promo, when i bought mine, it was several years ago I got a free mag or a holster...I know i got something for free.

12. slwarren

slwarren New Member

I have a PX4 and love it. I've never shot steel through mine, but it takes all kinds of cheap brass and never has a problem. Actually I've never had a jam in mine at all, in over 5000 rds! I've shot several XD's as well and like them almost as much. Both are very good guns, and you wouldn't be disappointed in either.

13. LikeABoss

LikeABoss Member Lifetime Supporter

I have XDm and PX4. XDm, much better engineering, solid. PX4 has a great trigger and feels great it's just not same durability standards as XDm. If I drop my PX4, would be afraid it would break. My PX4 won't eat alloy ammo, mucho FTF's with this ammo. During routine cleaning of PX4 a spring flew off the slide release and it fell a part and it was a PITA to figure out how to put it back together. The biggest plus I have with PX4 is I can keep one in the pipe without a striker fire engaged with safety on, just drop the safety and start pulling the trigger.

14. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Thanks I dont choose cheap ammo unless I really have to but vi shhot when I wanna shhot so ill give in to anything

15. stl_boy32

stl_boy32 New Member

My fiance has droped my XD quite a few times and its still goingg strong