XD 40 Subcompact

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by ajs, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ajs

ajs New Member

Does anyone have a problem with the grip size as far as shooting this gun without the extension? And does the extension make a difference in concealing the gun?

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The little .40s are tough to shoot well without a good grip so the extensions help. Anything that makes the gun bigger will affect concealment ease - so it's a trade off. When I had one it had the pinky extensions on it...

3. jballen02

jballen02 New Member

It is easier to use with the larger mag, however, I have been practicing for the past couple months with the smaller magazine for carry reasons. I now feel very comfortable with potato sized target at 20 yards :D

4. KBlue

KBlue New Member

get Pearce grip extensions for your mags if the surface area is insufficient. worked wonders for me.

5. ajs

ajs New Member

Nice, that's good to hear. Do most gun dealers have those or are they something you have to order online?

6. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

My XD sub came with a grip extension to use with a full size mag.

7. KBlue

KBlue New Member

I havent seen them in any shops in the cleveland area. They cost about $7 a pop on cheaper than dirt.

here's a pic of my XD40sc with a pearce grip: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/pearce-grips-my-xdsc-23034/

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  8. ajs

ajs New Member

Thanks man. looks great.

9. glockink

glockink New Member

Just got one today...Ive owned a full size xd, and xdm, and I HATED them..this one I like!