wtb 10/22 bull barrel

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by BCOWANWHEELS, Nov 6, 2009.

1. BCOWANWHEELS

BCOWANWHEELS New Member

lookin to get a bull barrel for my 12/22 lr. which is the best bang for the buck on this idea ?
    bob

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Green Mountain makes a good barrel,they offer blued steel & stainless. If you want a lighter barrel,Tactical Solutions are good but kinda pricey. you can also find the factory takeoff target barrels for good prices if you look on Rimfire Central or Gunbroker.

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I would stay away from butler creek as a lot of them have loose chambers. For less than 200$ the Volquartson barrels are good and I'd check out Shilen or Green Mountain as well. Shilen is what I have on my own 10/22.

4. BCOWANWHEELS

BCOWANWHEELS New Member

who sells Volquartson and Shilen barrels ?

5. BCOWANWHEELS

BCOWANWHEELS New Member

thanks fellas a new bull barrel has to improve my 10/22,s accuracy.

6. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Do you have a stock ready to accept a .920" bull barrel?

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

You can get a new stock or I believe a member named RugerMike has a checkered walnut deluxe sporter stock ready for a bull barrel for a very reasonable price. How is the trigger on that Ruger 10/22? Is the trigger too heavy, thus holding you back from good accuracy?

8. BCOWANWHEELS

BCOWANWHEELS New Member

it could use a trigger job for sure. i,am going to used the bull barrel with my butler creek folding stock if i can clearence it for the .920 bull barrel.
    thanks for you help fellas its greatly appreciated.
    bob