WSJ reporter shoots a hard drive

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DrJason, Jan 6, 2011.

1. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Fun little video, honestly I don't think a shotgun would do much damage to most external HD's but I love the look on the female reporter after she shoots the shotgun at about 50 sec into the video

[ame]http://online.wsj.com/video/ces-taking-a-shotgun-to-a-hard-drive/7BB84E24-8D2B-40E7-B6C1-8148CD1816B1.html[/ame]

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

She's beautiful. I would love to have the opportunity to teach her how to shoot!

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OK shoot that SOB with some 3.5" buckshot loads and see how it stands up. Shoot that sucker with a 3.5" SLUG load and see how it stands up.

If it takes that then take it to the rifle range and shoot it with a 223, 260, 30-06 and a 300 win mag. See if it holds up to that.

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Let's see some heavy duty action 50 BMG!

Then they said the price tag for the titanium can rou around $4,000! :eek:

I have a few external drive's and have bounce and survived; but, I have had others simply drop death, i.e platter malfunction.

5. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I thought the same thing:D

I love the big smile she has after shooting, that is totally the "my first time shooting a gun" smile

6. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Neat. They were at the American Shooters range which is just 2 blocks away from where I live. Now why couldn't they have been there when I was at the range? I seriously doubt that "super" hard drive would have survived even my Beretta 9mm, let alone my Sig Sauer P226 .40 or my Walther PPS .40 cal...even at the distance they were shooting.