Wrong handed Rifle

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by JCubed, Sep 5, 2009.

1. JCubed

JCubed New Member

I purchased a Mossberg 100ATR .270 a while back and at the time I thought that all civilian rifles were right handed. A friend recently told me that I could have ordered for a lefty. Since I'm stuck with a right handed rifle I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions to holding it as a lefty and still be able to reload fast enough for the next shot?:confused:

Basic Rifle info:
    Mossberg 100ATR .270
    O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. - Firearms, Shotguns, Rifles, Accessories, and Precision Machining

Scope:
    CenterPoint Adventure Class 4-16x40mm
    http://www.crosman.com/optics/riflescopes/adventure/CPA416AORG

Accessories:
    Telescopic Bypod (12" extended)
    Forest cammo leather sling

Ammo type:
    Winchester .270 Super X

I'm not used to using the scope yet as I was trained to aim through iron sights.
    If you need more info let me know.
    I'm still a noob to civilian weaponry.

Thanks in advance, J3.

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

My brother shoots left handed with right hand rifles. You just have to work at it and get used to it. I know some guys that get a stock blank and cut it for a right hand action and a lefthanded shooter.

3. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

Honestly it is better to shoot right handed.

It's better to get used to it now and train your right hand to shoot. I'm left handed and I shoot right handed.

Reason being since I'm left handed...my dominant hand makes and excellent balance hand and eventually I should be able to shoot better.