WOW My Walmart actually...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DFlynt, Jan 26, 2013.

1. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

...had 5.56 ammo in stock today for the first time in at least a month, it was Privi Partisan ($7.97/box) and they had about 20 boxes, the guy said they had just got it in last night, didn't have much else in stock. This was in Festus/Crystal City, MO.

Forgot to mention they are limiting ammo to 6 boxes per person per day.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

..AND my back ordered 20 round AR magazines shipped yesterday from RGuns (they sent me a UPS tracking #).... so woo-HOO!!! Things are looking up!! ;)

Now... If I could just find some 22lr pinking ammo...??

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I found some Remington 30-30 at the local Wallyworld today. They're limiting purchases to three boxes of ammo per customer period. So I bought three and my wife bought three. They only had seven boxes total and I was going to buy six and leave one for someone else anyway, so it worked out. If I'd been alone, I'd have been very disappointed to say the least.

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I was at Sportsman's Warehouse (Favorite Watering Hole), the had some Royal Star 12 ga, slugs (low recoil and regular) 0000 buck for dirt cheap. Remington and Federal were sold out. The 12 gauge selection is thinning out.

I am going to the range in the morning; however, been instructed by the wife to conserve the ammo.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yeah, the days of lettin' em rip are over unless you're stocked deep and wide.

6. AR10

AR10 New Member

Doing the math, they made 3 and one third people happy.

7. AR10

AR10 New Member

Your wife is a smart woman. My wife, on the other hand could be mistaken for a pitbull with an attitude problem. Lol

8. suzychapstick

suzychapstick New Member

our walmart in cal. had 223 american eagles yesterday, 30 06 and bulk 22. It was all gone in a couple hours though.

9. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I just cant understand why they are limiting purchases on ammo. Sam Walton is probably as angry as a Wasp stuck in a matchbox! If he were still alive, he would be selling Sams Club Ammo and open a factory himself if he had to to fill his shelves!

It seems preposterous that a legal private merchant would limit their own margins beyond the US and State Laws! WTF are they thinking, has Government really sunk its teeth into private business that deep? My Own Small Business is so regulated, taxed and Over-Insured and Im a Multi-Media Engineer, I probably cant imagine the pressure BHO and Andy of Albany are putting on them but this is ridiculous!

Whats next, a Federal Seal of approval on the front door that says this is a safe business to resupply whats left of your 2A tools?

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Fear is driving people to buy up everything on the shelves. The blame for these shortages really lies with which gun owner has the most reserve cash.
    I have seen AR-15 rifles sell for $4,000 dollars in the past month. The LGS got in a shipment of powder Friday. One guy and his wife bought 20 lbs? I saw a fellow fill a shopping cart with $3,000 dollars worth of reloading supples.
    Don't blame the suppliers for plotting against the gun owners. It is now a matter of who has the cash?

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Who has the cash and is lucky enough to arrive as the shelves are being stocked.

12. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

My local Walmart just started a 3 box per customer limit. Love it. I've actually been able to get a few 9mm and 223s in the last few days. I hope they don't do that forever though. After the supply catches up that would suck.

13. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Yea that's what our Walmart is doing too!! They actually had some 9mm and 45 in stock. They said they receive 100 boxes of 9mm yesterday and we bought the last 4 boxes.

14. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I agree the Sam would probably have his own ammo factory making ammo if he could have in these times. The reason I think that they are limiting the amount of ammo you can buy at one time is the same reason a lot of big box stores (Target comes to mind) have limits on the amount of Hot Wheel cars you can purchase at one time, so that others can have a chance to purchase some.:)

15. jharder0002

jharder0002 New Member

Lol for 4000$ I'd prolly sell mine too

0.o

16. hawaiifrank

hawaiifrank New Member

I stopped by 2 Acadamy Sporting Goods and a Wal-Mart yesterday. Nothing in the regular calibers. On GB.com there are 2 boxes of 1600 22 lr going for $280 and $290. These are cases that Wal-Mart usually has for $89! Of course, Wal-Mart hasn't had any for sometime. The prices are nuts.

One guy in Acadamy (a fellow customer looking for ammo) says that's how the gov'ment's going to get rid of guns. They're buying up all the ammo until they can get a new tax on it. A tax so high that no one can afford to buy it.

17. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

If people would stop panic buying, the bottom would fall out... Ain't gonna happen though.:(

18. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Are you talking about their "X box per customer" limit or are they actually limiting how much they buy from manufacturers?

The X box per customer limit is to share the stock and make 100 customers happy instead of 1 customer (possibly a local gun store owner) very happy.

19. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I do realize that they are saying that but the law of the retail land is First come, First Serve. Its not like they are at blow out prices, just normal or higher.

I cannot imagine that the stuff is so hard to get shelves are empty, it may be con theory but it feels more to me like they are trying not to upset State and Fed Govt, afterall, didnt we just hear Biteme saying retailers should curb sales until he has a chance to make some new laws? Yes he did say that and yes I do believe they do have back door powers over retailers that dont follow suit the way BHO and Gang have "Strongly Suggested".

Im gonna have to do a little bullet shopping locally and see if were experienceing the same crap around here. Its time to restock 22's and 12's!

20. weapon

weapon New Member

Seems to be everywhere - I went by a local shop and they had some .223 in stock -- Federal stuff that was $8 per box a couple months ago - they now want $20 per box. Every gun store and chain store near me is out of .22LR. I wish I would have bought the AK74 I was looking at last summer as 5.45x39 is still a decent deal and readily available. Of course, there still seems to be quite a bit of 7.62x39 on the shelves as well. At least I have an AKM to plink with -- my ARs are getting a break until ammo prices drop back to a semi-sane level....or I set my XL650 back up for .223. :)