Wounded Warrior Project?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vincine, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

How do you guys feel about the Wounded Warrior Project?

Would you make a donation to it?

If so, how much?

2. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

I think it's a great program. I have a former drill sergeant who is benefitting from them right now.

I've made a couple of donations, usually around $40-$60 each.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

i think it's a great program. I try to give whenever i can, though lately that has not been the case as I am broker than broke :(

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Already contribute and participate. Our range hosts some of the folks from local hospital for a day of shooting and cheeseburgers. Have a local fishing lake that has a wheelchair accessable fishing dock.

5. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I give a little when I can. It is a great program.

6. woody63m

woody63m New Member

I think its an awesome program i have seen them help so many soldiers
    It leaves a warm feeling in my heart

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I won't tell you how much to donate but I will tell you that you should.

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I donate what I can, when I can. One of the local cruise nights I attend splits the 50\50 drawing between wounded warriors, hospice, children's hospital, and the red cross. Each charity gets a different week each month. Last week, my wife won $87 on a 50\50, and we donated the full amount that she won. Not that we couldn't have used it, but they need it more.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The small local gun shop I bought my GP100 from does a lot of fund raising for
    Wounded Warriors Project. The owner has a Pinto (car) and belongs to a club and they drive all over raising money for WWP.

10. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I'm a member of WWP Alumni, and it is a great program, one of my psychologists pointed me in their direction. I donate when I can, but usually I buy WWP branded products/clothing more often and a cut of the proceeds goto them. It's nice stuff too, it's Under Armour for the most part.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

We are both members of the WWP "Advanced Guard" in our house. We both make a monthly donation and we help with fund raisers and have manned a couple of charity events as staff over the past couple of years.

We have a "Tough Mudder" fun run coming up this summer that we are going to be staffing (helping build the course and then checking folks in) that is going to be EPIC!!

WWP is an EXCELLENT program and if you can spare some money, it is definitely a worth while organization.

And as if you needed another reason, here is our direct contact, check out his name. :cool:

JD

Attached Files:

12. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

Man, if 2012 is the year skynet becomes self aware u better stick close to him haha

13. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I've donated a couple of times. Wish it could be more & more often, but funds are kinda slim for an old broken down peddler.:eek:

14. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Exactly.....I have friends who get it and as a Vet myself I help my brothers who didn't come home......the same:(. Its the price of freedom and we ALL who serve gladly pay it. I go to local events and have helped sponsor/participate in a few shoots w proceeds donated to WWP. I also donate when I can

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  15. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

+1 to this as well.

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You can't imagine how many people asked him about The Terminator ("Where's your mom", "Are you watching Skynet", "Will you lead us at End of Days", "I thought you'd be taller") when they met him the first time he was in town. It got to the point where we just wrote answers on a white board and pointed to an answer when a question was asked... LOL

He's a scrapper man. He runs like a mad man possessed, does biathlons and triathlons, rides his peddle bike probably a million miles a year. He is just a cardio machine. One thing is for sure, I would follow him, he is a very cool dude and really knows how to motivate people.

WWP is a great charity and you can't imagine the response you get as a volunteer from the military members who turn out for the events! They treat you like gold and when you try to thank them for what they have done, they all say the same things about "duty" and "honor" and "the right thing to do" - then they gush on and on about you taking time out of "your life" to give back to them.

It's an incredibly humbling experience and one that I am not ashamed to admit does bring tears from time to time. All the people involved are just great, great people and the events are 10 or 12 hours of just fun and happiness and camaraderie and so many smiles your face hurts at the end.

I encourage everyone to just attend an event in your area if you can, it's contagious. :p

JD

17. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Wounded Warrior project

I've set it up on my Ebay account when I use Paypal as one of two automatic donation requests (the other being the ASPCA) ...and it asks if I would like to donate an extra $1 when I checkout for payment. Over the course of a year it adds up. Besides... what's a dollar here and there to me? I would rather it go out and do some good than blow it on a soda or latte.

Last time I saw Kiss here in Raleigh they donated $32,000 to the WWP on stage. Gave a big check to an active 82nd Airborne soldier.