Would you recommend...

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by VegasGunGirl, Jun 7, 2012.

1. VegasGunGirl

VegasGunGirl New Member

The slide stock of the Saiga. I love shooting my Saiga and have thought about converting the stock the the one that slides. I've heard it makes
    It just like a full auto. Is this true and would you recommend it?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

my opinion huge waste of money.

3. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

the issue is full auto type firing destroys barrels, actions and puts alot of stress on the smaller parts. not to mention it gets very expensive. its also fun the first 2 or 3 times then it turns into dumping a whole in 10 seconds.... ammo isnt gettin no cheaper.....

4. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I feel it's a waste of money, most who purchase them make shooters look bad, cause training scars, and most importantly it's nothing like firing a real full auto weapon.

Familiarize yourself w/ your Saiga and you will soon be putting accurate rounds on target faster than you could ever dream of doing w/ that ridiculous gadget.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I agree, nearly full auto or full auto is only an act of rage fire not anything useful on a range or reality. Lots of lead is lots of money and the weapon wasnt designed to deal with those stresses.

Dont get me wrong, I love autofire and if the weapons designed to handle it, it can be a blast (especially if someone else is buying the bullets). A weapon unrestrained in full auto will not hit the target past the first 3 or 4 shots, it climbs left or right according to your handedness until you pause and re-aim.

Light weapons with relative heavy loads and auto fire dont mix. The most manly man cant keep an M16 on target when in full auto, hence the 3 round burst. Speed is only useful if accuracy is maintained otherwise its just a fireworks display or a heads down move in combat, not really useful for anything else.

If you want autofire, rent someones, have a good time with it and hand it back. Then pick up a useful weapon and continue cutting the centers out of targets. One shot, one kill!

6. VegasGunGirl

VegasGunGirl New Member

Thank you all so much. Yeah it makes sense and that's why I asked. I don't want to destroy my gun. I should go for the federal tax stamp and than think about purchasing an Ak. :)

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I agree with the others, a waste of money. If you google bump fire you'll see free methods to try it for fun - rubber bands, string, belt loop, etc. Or just watch YouTube vids. Odds are the cost of ammo will discourage you from spraying lead so why spend even more money on that stock.

8. m3rp3d

m3rp3d New Member

Quentin and the others are right. I've tried bump fire stocks on ARs and even one one a Saiga. It felt weird to start with and the novelty wore off after the 2nd or 3rd time of magazine reloading. I would say Google the belt loop or rubber band methods and give those a whirl. I had more fun with holding on to my belt loop. Just don't do it in designer jeans. LOL wife ripped her belt loop right off trying that out. Hurrah for expensive clothing.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, the same as what they all said.

Sorry, but IME, it tears up actions,

loosens bolt guides to a dangerous tolerance,

and provides very little satisfying or redeeming

value performance.

Why not just get the stock anyway?

10. VegasGunGirl

VegasGunGirl New Member

I see that video on YouTube of that old man ranting and raving about the slide and shooting his saiga. He makes it look fun but there is no talk about the stress it actually puts the gun through. I wanted the real truth so I asked. Thanks for all the input and as of now the idea has been squashed. Think I will just the the modified stock I already added to it on. :)