Would you recomend a used glock 17

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mjfash55, Aug 13, 2011.

1. mjfash55

mjfash55 New Member

Would you recomend a used glock 17

2. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

In all my wheeling and dealings I have never bought a used gun. My present Glock 36 was "used" but the owner never fired it. That's the closest I have come to getting used.

If you trust the dealer/person and it looks fine the weapon will serve you well.

3. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

not sure

It depends on the price. Most used glocks i see are $350-425 range. For that price i might just wait till i can get my hands on a new one. Now if it came with at least 3 mags, night sights, few other small upgrades, plus i trust the seller, i may think hard about it.

4. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Sure. The truth is, whomever owns it, especially if he is a dirt shooter, or a "once in a while to the square range" kind of guy....it hasn't had all that many rounds thorugh it.

My old Glock 19 2nd Gen has more than 250K rounds through it, and the only thing I have done is put new springs in it....about 100k rounds ago.

Buy it. Shoot it. Carry it. Enjoy it.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

If the price is right for the condition of the firearm, absolutely.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

A lot of my guns are used and I've yet to be burned because I have a pretty good eye for inspecting firearms. My Glock 22 was used and no problems with it. So I'm not afraid of used guns.

Like others have said it depends on the condition and price. I'm not in the market for a Glock 17 but if I were I might pay a little more for a new Gen 4 though.