Would You Rather....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Apr 4, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

A co-worker of mine hosts a party the first Friday of every month. We sometimes all play a game called "Would You Rather". It's a funny, thought provoking game consisting of being given two options and you stating which you would rather do. No actions are taken, just answers, lots of laughs, some discussion, then on to the next person. At the party, we play the 'adult version' which isn't always sex oriented, just more mature. My granddaughter has some Would You Rather questions geared towards small children. I thought we could have some fun here. I will post the first Would You Rather question, the next person can answer it or any other posted question they would like to answer in the thread, then post on of their own.

WARNING!! Keep it decent, this is the clubhouse!!

First questions.....

Would you rather choose to see your future (without being able to change it) OR know everyone else's future and not be able to tell them?

2. Simpleman

Simpleman New Member

Would you rather

Would you rather save you wife and or husband from drowning or save your mother and or father from drowning?

My mom asked me this when I was about 5 I said I would save her. She asked why you wife is your future you can have a long life with her. I replied "I can always get another"

3. winds-of-change

I would rather see someone else's futre and not be able to tell them.

Tough one to answer as I have no husband, my Mother is already dead and my Father is 82 and is debilitated from a stroke. But probably my husband.......unless he was a jerk and had good life insurance. :D

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I would rather not know my future, but I have been able to know someone's future and not be able to tell them.

Nieces and nephews don't realize that what their actions are now can affect what happens tomorrow. As an uncle I've been able to say "Been there, done it."

Would you tell a lie to your significant other so they are not hurt, or tell them the truth knowing that your relationship will never be the same.
    (and no, I have not cheated on my wife of 31 years.)

5. Simpleman

Simpleman New Member

See I don't know if I would want to see my lived ones future reason being is that something my happen and if it was my son I don't know what I would do. I would rather see myself so that I can see what all of my lifes choices have gotten me and where I am headed learn to accept it and move on

6. winds-of-change

Well, like many of the "Would You Rather" questions, it would depend on what it was. Sometimes a relationship that will never be the same will come out stronger. But, in general, I think I would rather tell a lie so they would not be hurt........but it depends on what the situation is.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I would rather know everyone else's future and not be able to tell them. Of course, i would like to retain betting rights to allow me to get rich betting on presidential elections and football and such. This would also let me know every woman in the world i need to be nice too ;) ;) .

If you could run either Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga through a woodchipper, would you choose one of the big commercial units or something smaller sold by Walmart with a 5 horsepower engine?

8. MGH

MGH New Member

Justin Bieber. Probably one of the smaller units.

Would you rather...

Get a massage from a gay guy

or

Surgery by a doctor from Mexico?

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

MGH- have had both. So long as they are competent at what they do, I really don't give a hoot!

Interesting game, and good mental exercise. The clear cut moral and ethical choices are easy- it is the ones that are a paradox, or exactly 50-50 that are a bear.

10. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I vote for the Dr. from Mexico. Might as well get used to Oboma Care now.

Would you rather shoot yourself in the foot with a .45 or give $500 to moveon.org?

11. USNWO

USNWO New Member

Definitely the massage. I could honestly give a flying hoot who rubs me. But the Mexican doctors...nuh-huh.

Would you rather...
    Scrub the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, or, drink toilet water?

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I'd rather know everyone else future obviously.
    Would make picking the next wife a LOT easier. :D

13. winds-of-change

Drink toilet water...............after I scrubbed out the toilet. :D

14. USNWO

USNWO New Member

I'd rather scrub the deck, personally. I didn't say what with...

Would you rather...

Go sky diving or bungee jumping?

15. winds-of-change

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Would you rather be trapped in an elevator for 2 hrs with Rosie O'Donnel, or have to watch all episodes of the Dr. Phil show for a year?

17. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

That's an old USMC boot camp phrase, "clean enought that the virgin mary herself would be proud to take a ... ."

The D/Is normally hide a cup of water behind the heads, before they inspect, then they ask you if you will drink from their cup, and when you say no, they drink.

It's rather funny, also somewhat abusive, I guess.

18. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I would suffer the 2 hours With Rosie .Would you rather sleep with Nancy Pelosi or Michelle Obama ?

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

Michelle, she's the least unattractive of the two, and there could be other perks.

Would you rather die having a blast at say, middle age? Or live until you can't even feed yourself at an extreme old age and then go peacefully in your sleep.

20. Soda

Soda New Member

I'd rather die havin a blast.

Would you rather have all the guns you own, but all your gun knowledge from Call Of Duty, or have all the gun knowledge in the world, but all your guns taken away?