Would you give them up ?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by MobileMarine, May 25, 2012.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

If that dreadful day ever comes that Big brother decides he wants all of our firearms , Would you give them up ?
    I know there are some who ONLY have one firearm for protection and are not really fanatics like others with large or high end collections .
    Then you have some who would follow the rules and comply whether they have one or 100 to avoid prosecution .

Say the penalty for not complying would be 5 years in jail and or 10,000.00 dollar fine . Would you then give them up ? Or would you stand by your right , go to jail and still lose your weapons ?

I'd like to think that my response would be '' Oh they were stolen last night '' line.
    For me , I only have a dozen or so out of 40+ that were purchased though a retail shop .

What if the penalty for owning it were just as bad as not turning it in ?
    What if you faced extreme prosecution for using it in self defense ?

If it came down to it , would you rather be a convicted felon or a un-armed subject
    Or give them up one bullet at a time ?

I also think maybe to buy a few el cheapos to give it up and claim private sell on the rest ?

2. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well said, Jordan! my thoughts exactly. if standing up and defending the Constitution makes me a criminal, then i'll be a criminal along with those who feel the same.

4. fmj

fmj Active Member

Give up what??

My virginity?

My sanity?

My Life?

Some would contend i have none of the above as it stands.

5. fmj

fmj Active Member

Give up what??

My virginity?

My sanity?

My Life?

Some would contend i have none of the above as it stands.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

It's a very sobering question. What's the difference between giving up my guns and giving up my freedom of speech, or religion, or assembly, or from illegal search.

Are you just going to roll over, or will you pick a hill and plant your flag and say here I die?

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

As Jordan said, come an take em. I'd rather die young and free, than live a long life as a slave to the Government.

8. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

You can only take them from my cold dead hands. I will fight back even if it means dieing. I remember hearing my grandpa talk a while back about gun control. Never thought I'd hear him say somethin like that as he use to be a highly strict preacher man. Lol he told me I'll kill them all if they try takin mine away. To me gun control would be a great disrespect to the founders of this country, to the men and women who have fought and died for this country, and to the ones who are fighting today. They fight for one reason, our freedom. And the Second Amendment is a huge part of our freedom as Americans.

9. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Give them up, the ones you got in your cache should be safe.

10. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Amen to that. Being a slave to my own government is an idea that I'm not fond of.

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

there is a difference between a citizen and a subject. many of us support and defend the Constitution that the founding fathers drafted and fought as patriots to ensure our rights.

far better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees! Emiliano Zapata.

12. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Agreed, going down in a blaze of glory accomplishes nothing. You can always get more if fighting back is your goal.

13. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

3am, jack booted thugs come busting down your door complete with tear gas and flash bombs. Hit a few of the most ardent 2a supports that way, and 95% of the rest will voluntarily fall into line.

Or, you apply the concept of the Overton Window by passing over reaching laws then backing off, pass over reaching laws then backing off. Just like boiling a frog.

14. pbrause2010

pbrause2010 New Member

I think the possibility of forcible disarmament of law abiding citizens is highly unlikely. The Rodney King verdict set south central LA on fire. I don't think anyone would risk igniting a nation wide firestorm. No pun intended. I think that laws to limit the sale of firearms and ammunition will become more strict. Like the man who used the boiled frog analogy. I think they will steal our constitutional rights slowly. Like Johnny Cash said about the car he stole..."one piece at a time". For the record I would fight if they started kicking in doors. Hitler disarmed civilians before everything started going south in Germany.

15. fmj

fmj Active Member

you mean like has already been done!

Please reference (anti)patriot act, NDAA, Anti- trespass law, and a raft of others!

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

What guns? You mean the ones involved in that tragic boating accident?

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I've decided to die on my feet,

rather than live on my knees.

Theodore Roosevelt once said:

Far better it is, to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though

checkered with failure, than to take ranks with those poor spirits who neither

enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows

neither victory or defeat."

The Roosevelts, Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, and the rest of our

founding fathers are watching us. What are they thinking as they see us now?

This is not just your life, or my life, but the history of us all.

We are not just a single life, but a part of the grand fabric of the

history of society.

How will we be judged by future generations? Forgotten, in the sands of time,

for our cowardice? Or like the defenders of the Alamo, glorified forever

as heroes for our noble sacrifice to our future generations and the well being of this great

nation, and the constitution for which it stands?

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  18. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - George Washington

No, I will not.

19. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I would not just roll over and give up my guns. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. Still, I find all these threads interesting. I don't see this happening as it would invoke a civil war. If that's what they want though, that's what they'll get. I know what side I'll be on.

20. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I can only see two ways of "not complying;" either to have them hidden, or to use them.
    The first scenario could possible end up with jail time, but you still have the weapons... if you get out.
    The second scenario's outcome hinges on how good you are.

One can always comply, then acquire firearms through non-conventional means.