Would this be a good turkey gun?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by HotFudge, Oct 5, 2011.

1. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

2. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

Thats a fine gun. Adjustable choke, fibre optic sight, and it's a mossberg. affordable price!

3. natman

natman Member

I've got the same gun in Realtree camo and it's a great turkey gun. Light, compact and plenty of power.

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Yes !!!!!!!!!

5. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

That's a great price, but I didn't notice whether it can handle up to 3" mag shells or only 2-3/4 shells. Might make a difference if the 3" mag shell capable is what you want. I personally think that plain 2-3/4 shells work just fine if you're getting the game within 40yds anyway.
    Del

6. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

Anyway I can mess with the choke or even yank it out to shoot different rounds and at different targets? I mean, it's mainly gonna be a turkey gun, but I loves versatility. 'Naw mean?

7. natman

natman Member

It takes 3".

8. natman

natman Member

You can change chokes, but I wouldn't shoot it without one. A 20" barrel is going to be a bit short for wing shooting, but Mossberg 500 barrels are readily available.

9. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Oooops, nevermind!!!

10. unclebear

unclebear New Member

It helps to have a "turkey gun" but you can take turkey with any shotgun with a full choke on it, my first turkey was taken with a old single shot break action with a brass beed sight. While the super chokes give way tighter patterns if you get the bird in close enough you can take him.

11. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

Anyone mind linking me to some shells with powder/shot loads designed for turkey huntin'?

12. natman

natman Member