Would if you could?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BeyondTheBox, May 1, 2013.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

What, if anything, would you do to your gun(s) were it possible or cost effective enough to do so?

I'd have heavier triggers put in. I don't like how light my SAO triggers are. Even with manual safety engaged I feel like they could go off just by looking at them. Obvious exaggeration, but I'm an exaggerana and it makes its point.

Not sure what they are currently being decade old, but came stock with 7.5lb triggers. If that's what they are I want 12-14lb!

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

SBR with Select Fire

Grenade Launcher

and a Tank

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Plasma rifle, magnetic rail gun combo.

5. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

A bfg 9000 ......................

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFLGeahh8Ws[/ame]

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i tend to buy most of my handguns with the features i already want on them.

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Mine has right features, just wish to alter one of them. Unfortunately, being long since out of production, I've found it impossible to attain what I wish. Future purchases will have this in mind.

8. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

I have a three-screw Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum. Either re-bore/re-chamber to .44 Special, or rebarrel to 7 1/2". Case harden frame, re-blue, fancy walnut grips.

Hy Hunter .357 Magnum install Colt type firing pin bushing and Uberti hammer, case harden frame.

Uberti Flat Top .45 Colt, fit Ruger Front sight.

Each of these are more or less already in the works.

Bob Wright

P.S. The Hy Hunter is somewhat oversized for a .357 Magnum. Maybe it ought to be a .44 Magnum or .45 Colt. OR possibly a .38-40? Nah, not a .38-40, as I don't intend to get another set of dies and supply of brass at my stage in life.

9. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Masterkey to mount on a rail. Nothing like 12gauges of lead for whatever need you may come across

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Very cool Bob! That's more like it. Wish I knew as much as you.

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

First I would do is a trigger job on my model 17. I would like to lighten it up. I might change the rear sight as well to something with an outline.

I would probably switch out the sites on my Kahr and my 1911 with tritium sights, and add Crimson Trace grips to my 1911.

Get a shorter barrel for my Mossberg 930 and an extended mag tube.

Get a Crimson Trace grip/laser/light for my AR.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  12. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

You bring up another great one for me, replace all front sights with tritium, or at least fiberoptic.

13. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I could answer this more ways than I can count...but the most pressing would be to purchase a new semi-auto shotgun for hunting....then take my 835 ultimag..strip down and cerakote reciever, and barrel black....add mag tube extension for 5 more rounds...and add folding rear stock and forend in dark earth color. Finish of f with side saddle and 15 round sling...all new chokes for more options....that would be my ultimate hd/target shotgun.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Stainless steel...:(

15. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I would love to have lasers and flashlights on my guns, but they are not allowed in Germany. Oh, and night vision scopes for my rifles, but they are illegal to hunt with.

16. RDC1911

RDC1911 New Member

Ok, so I'm new to this whole thing, and I am in the market for a handgun or shotgun. I was flipping through the latest edition of Recoil, and came upon a Griffin Industries G19. Of course it looks cool, but I think it really has features I would be looking for. Page 144 of Volume 1 Issue 5, if you're interested. I also like the Remington Steal package. From what I've been told, and what my needs are, either one of these would be a good first gun, home defense weapon. What do you guys think? Remember, I'm new to this!!! LOL

17. marineimaging

marineimaging New Member

First, I would take my HiPoint 9mm carbine and rework it to make it less bulky, a bit slimmer and more tightly packaged to mount a 4x32 tactical scope that stays aligned with the barrel. I really like the gun for 50-60 yards and have proven it very accurate with iron sights but my eyesight needs a simple scope with eyepiece adjustment to clearly see what I am aiming for. The next thing I would do is take my EAA .357 and trade it for a S&W .357. Then, I would replace my .30-06 Savage bolt with a BAR .30-06 and extended 15 rnd magazines. Other than that I really like what I have.

18. marineimaging

marineimaging New Member

12 gage

19. RDC1911

RDC1911 New Member

Thanks 12 gage!

20. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I've got a 6 inch Mod 19 S&W that I would love to send back to Smith for nickle plating. It would smooth it out some and help me protect it since it's my woods gun. I would also like to have the sights changed to red ramp front and white outline rear. The only thing holding me back is it would ruin any collectors value the gun might have.