Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yes you would need to pay the tax stamp for the item.

·
Premium Member
14,832 Posts
There is a disclaimer on the Mako website that explains it DOES require registration as an AOW with BATFE NFA

Attachments

·
Retired
13,591 Posts
I don't understand why you would want that on a semi-auto anyways.

Would it be for the "cool" factor? If so, then why a Glock?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I thought that if you put a forward grip on a handgun its an SBR???

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
I thought that if you put a forward grip on a handgun its an SBR???
No buttstock. check the wiki descript: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Any_Other_Weapon#Categories_of_firearms_regulated
Any Other Weapons (AOWs)—this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the BATFE under the NFA enforces registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

1) Smooth-bore pistols 2) Pen guns and cane guns 3) A firearm with combinations smooth bore and rifle barrels 12 inches or more but less than 18 inches in length from which only a single shot can be made from either barrel. 4) Disguised firearms 5) Firearms that can be fired from within a wallet holster or a briefcase 6) A short-barreled shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip and no buttstock is categorized as an AOW (smooth-bore pistol) rather than a Short Barrel Shotgun (SBS), because the Gun Control Act describes a shotgun as, "…designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder…" 7) Handguns with a forward vertical grip.
Tater, totter, same diff.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Wow. You learn something new everyday. Snapping a plastic handle on an otherwise normal everyday pistol suddenly makes it an exotic new class of weapon. I'd have never guessed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts