would admin please give posters power to edit their own headlines?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by bobski, Dec 7, 2017.

1. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

this is crazy. heck, we cant even delete posts. it would take a lot of pressure off mods.

2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

The edit feature is there for 2-4 hours after depending on where it is posted.

3. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

and what happened to the "delete" button that was with the edit and report buttons? it was there in the beginning when the forum was updated. now it's gone for some reason.

locutus likes this.
  4. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Something has recently went gone awry here. Sometimes i never get an edit callout. Need to correct some misspelled words.

locutus and Dallas53 like this.
  5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Would someone please tell me why i'm not allowed to edit my posts.

6. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards. Staff Member

As Shooter explained above, the Edit feature should remain available for 2-4 hours after posting. If that's not happening you could try the ye olde "clear cookies and reboot". It's remotely possible that the time zone setting on your account is wrong.

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

There is definitely something wrong with the software.

About half the time when I submit a post the edit button pops up. The other half, it doesn't.

8. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

too much crap, procedure memorization, and button pushing. sometimes after a day or two, we see it or someone pms and tells you theres an error, so if it doesn't happen within 2-4 hours, were hosed.
    just put it back for us to do all the time.
    maybe our mods would be able to attend the shoot and hoot if they didn't have to be tied to this website fixing little petty mistakes all the time.
    heck...technology was suppose to make life easier, not hold you ransom to it.

9. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Updated a few permissions for the user groups in general. Let me know if that doesn't help.

MisterMcCool likes this.