Worth Seeing Again

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by PanBaccha, Jan 16, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Never get tired of seeing Clint Smith. Although posted previously the demand for it is back again by a 'majority of one' -me! ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=BfyULpEhmug&feature=youtube[/ame]

2. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

He makes it look easy and natural.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Beat the snot out of it till it works... good policy.
    I never had any trouble out of my SAW (some consider it to be extremely problem prone), but I started out slapping mine around like a redheaded step child from the get go.

I'm going to have to watch more of this guy's videos.

4. p0ppyman

p0ppyman New Member

Good stuff! I could have used those tips last weekend.

5. locnload

locnload New Member

I really like Clints teaching style, simple, basic, and straight forward. No ego or "Tactical Tim" garbage, just good reasoning and clear demonstrations. A trip to Thunder Ranch is definatly on my "Bucket List". :cool:

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I like his no nonsense approach and description of the guys at the range. It is so true.

7. MrsSwaff

MrsSwaff New Member

This was perfect, thank you for posting! I'll have to watch more of those.

8. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I watch everything he does every chance I get. Good stuff

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

TAP, RACK, BANG

It's what I teach every one of my auto-loader students.

This MUST be a muscle memory function or you will find yourself DEAD!

10. msup752

msup752 New Member

I did a ton of the malfunction drills in the academy and constantly practice them. My instructors always stressed Tap,Rack and Ready instead of Bang as additional shots are not always necessary and automatically firing again after clearing a malfunction should not be a muscle memory.
    I was unable to see the video above as it says the account was suspended.
    I can't stress enough how important practice and muscle memory is!

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I must take exception to your Tap, Rack and Ready.

If I am tossing lead and encounter a malfunction, I want my muscle memory to transition me back into the engagement, NOT to a ready condition. That heartbeat required to go from ready to engagement may be your last.

Just my [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  12. msup752

msup752 New Member

That is the dice you roll. If your muscle memory leads you to fire after clearing a malfunction when you didn't need to because the threat has ended, a world of trouble will most likely follow. Tap, Rack, and be ready to fire is critical.
    Ever seen the news report on the martial artist who practiced weekly on how to disarm an attacker? He had to apply that skill one day and his muscle memory worked perfectly. Right up to the point where he handed the pistol right back to the attacker just like he had always done in practice.
    Obviously you can train any way you like but I will teach and practice keeping ones eyes on the threat and be ready to re-engage after clearing the weapon but never practice always firing once cleared. If I train alone, I visualize to decide when or if I will continue to fire. If I train with others, someone will call it out.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I have not seen that video. Please provide it.

14. msup752

msup752 New Member

I just got the email back from my former instructor. He only has the clip on VHS. I did a google search for it but the MMA fighter story keeps popping up.

15. XDmGreek

XDmGreek New Member

Thank you very much for posting the vid!! perfect example of how 6 minutes could save your life. will have to check out clint's other videos.